Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Steve here's the location of a switched live on the RFB

Attachments

Reactions: googsy1

Registered
Riggs is going to be foaming in the pants when he learns of this upgrade. I hope he's home soon to experience the power .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Gav, I鈥檒l add that in.
I may actually use it as a feed to the amp rather than depend on this splitter. It鈥檚 a good option.

Riggs has been very quiet on the day shift Conor. I hope there aren鈥檛 Norwegian Pirates on the North Sea at this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys - day shift is fecking busy, and I'm now part of a two man team, not three, constantly having to reconfigure the sub for different tasks while we do the platform inspections..

Steve - sounds like you're getting more out of your XF V2 than you imagined.

Power, looks and (interior) sounds.

Whats next? Exterior sounds mod?

Looking forward to seeing the mods you've done, once
a - I get home
b - we are let outside like grown ups again. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good to hear from you Allan! No Pirates then? :)

Big internal mod just done, will post up a how to when I get the writeup done, but here's a small picture to set the scene

Electronics Technology Electronic device Room Car

The next exterior mod is under way....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just an update to this. Very often you destroy the trim clips when removing the sill tread covers or B-Pillar mouldings.
The spring comes off the clip and is lost into the cavity.

There are replacements available much cheaper than the Jaguar originals from here

They are black, but correctly handed. 拢3.60 for a pack of 10 instead of 拢9 each from Jaguar...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
And finally, I broke out the wallet and signed on to Topix for an hour.
Find below the x260 speaker wiring diagram for base audio - Audio Head Unit located in dash with integrated 4 channel amp and 8 speakers.

I have the Meridian diagram if anyone needs it, drop me a PM.

Reactions: Gav

Registered
And finally, I broke out the wallet and signed on to Topix for an hour.
Find below the x260 speaker wiring diagram for base audio - Audio Head Unit located in dash with integrated 4 channel amp and 8 speakers.

View attachment 179874

I have the Meridian diagram if anyone needs it, drop me a PM.
Can you please send me the diagram for the 380w Meridian? I need this for a 2017 F-Pace, I think it should be similar.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sure. I鈥檒l get that to you later today.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Quick update having lived with this for a few months.

The placement of the sub in the boot is important due to reflection of the waves.
I initially placed my two 8" sub enclosures behind the back seat facing backward, this didn't really produce any real thump with the doors closed, but I noticed that opening the drivers door increased the bass levels markedly. Obs not ideal to drive along with the door open....

After a lot of experimentation I found that the best place for the boxes was right at the boot opening facing forward, which gave great bass and allowed me to keep the door closed!
It's not particularly practical though.

I've just aquired a 12" single and will have a play with that to see if placing it facing up from the floor is any better.

Reactions: googsy1
21 - 33 of 33 Posts