Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dan has donated an amp and a couple of 8" subs so I'm looking to stick them behind the back seat.
Has anyone got a wiring diagram and could tell me what colour wires go to the left and right rear door lower speakers at all?
Hopeing to tap them for a feed.

Merci!

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Steve from memory I think they're both black :( in the door)but go to a connector then they're coloured, can't remember if I took a photo, will have a look though
I took a feed from my OSR as I had no choice (no line out on head unit) :(

Reactions: googsy1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same situation for me Gav. I've the trim off the rear, will pull the drivers tread plate later and ease the pillar trim away.
If you had a pic, that would be great. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gav
Any of this look familiar?
I鈥檝e tried the thicker wires with no joy.
Pulling the door card is an option, but would rather not if I can help it!

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
sorry Steve, still working :( will have a look through my photos soon and if not will pull the trim...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No rush Gav. I was trying to put up an image of mine to let you see, but couldn't... Hopefully this will be visible. Ignore the snap connectors, I don't think they're the right wires.

Registered
Steve I didn't take any (useful) pics anyway :( just been out and removed the trim the best I could (I'm going down to tescos in a min) and tried to photo, they're the right wires but I couldn't remove the insulation to see polarity sorry

Attachments

Registered
You don't need to worry as much about polarity for Subs. In Out In Out or Out In Out In can match the other speakers in the car 'better'. Personal preference on sound matching...

Although saying that if you are using the speaker wires as a high level input for an amplifier best get them the correct way round!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Gav, really appreciate it. I know how difficult it is to get in there.

And thanks Carl, I鈥檒l bear that in mind. I鈥檝e to get a line to low level adapter for the amp so hopefully that will help isolate them.

Registered
You don't need to worry as much about polarity for Subs. In Out In Out or Out In Out In can match the other speakers in the car 'better'. Personal preference on sound matching...

Although saying that if you are using the speaker wires as a high level input for an amplifier best get them the correct way round!
I鈥榤 using the speaker o/p as HLI to my amp, that鈥檚 why I mentioned it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right I got both sides done, without losing any of the springs off the clips.
What a ballache they are, I've had to reshape most of them to get them to catch again. The new clips arrived today and are an exact match so I was ok if I didn't get them back together.

I did both sides in the end as Dan is 'giving' me a two channel amp with RCA low level inputs. I'll need to get a speaker level to line level adapter but with both channels it will allow me to drive the two 8" subs he's also 'giving' me!

For future reference, here are the wiring connectors in the B pillar. I'm not sure which is +VE and -VE yet but I get sound out of a 6x9 three way speaker attached to each side (briefly for testing only).

Drivers side (offside) UK car :

Passenger side (nearside) UK car:

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciated :)

Reactions: Gav

Registered
Well done Steve as an aside though, subs only need mono, so you could have driven them both of one channel, but where鈥檚 the fun in that eh? ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know Gav, but young Dan is most insistent...!!
He has the setup I'll be using in his car at the minute and it definitely sounds better with both speaker inputs. I guess if you have two channels on the amp, you may as well use them!

Registered
I know Gav, but young Dan is most insistent...!!
He has the setup I'll be using in his car at the minute and it definitely sounds better with both speaker inputs. I guess if you have two channels on the amp, you may as well use them!
I bridged mine to run the single 8鈥 sub :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm being given a 2000w 2 channel Juice amp with 2x 8" Juice single coil 4 Ohm subwoofers.
Boxes, wiring kit and hi-low converter ordered today. The hi-low is a Connects2 device with speaker input sensing that can turn on the amp, so I don't need to find a switched live in the boot.

Registered
I'm being given a 2000w 2 channel Juice amp with 2x 8" Juice single coil 4 Ohm subwoofers.
Boxes, wiring kit and hi-low converter ordered today. The hi-low is a Connects2 device with speaker input sensing that can turn on the amp, so I don't need to find a switched live in the boot.
Great, pity about the switched live, I could have helped you there!

Registered
Sounds like the Red Baron Is turning into a serious Homey machine , love it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great, pity about the switched live, I could have helped you there!
Please feel free to do so Gav. I鈥檓 going to compile a howto afterward and for some that could be a missing link

I take it the sub has made a good improvement to your sound?

Registered
Please feel free to do so Gav. I鈥檓 going to compile a howto afterward and for some that could be a missing link

I take it the sub has made a good improvement to your sound?

Will do mate, take pics tomorrow in between WFH , yeah made a massive difference, what I found was the quality was there just lacking bass and punch. Like night and day for me (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts