Jaguar Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your insurance company did pay out and it is a "no claims bonus", but even if you have a no fault claim and the other parties insurance pays out in full, your premium still goes up coz they reckon you are more likely to claim in the future??
Surely not! That really would be unfair....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I feel for you Ian and can see where you are coming from. From my experience insurance companies are not adverse to jacking up premiums whenever/wherever they can and on the slimmest of pretences. Seems nowadays insurers like accidents on the basis it starts a feeding frenzy for the insurer, the repairer, the hire car company, personal injury claims and all the other hangers on. How often have you been asked, "is this an insurance claim?". You know full well the bill is going to inflate out of all proportion if you say, "it is".
Yes, it’s a bit like the vets! . First thing they do is ask if you have insurance....

·
Registered
220 Posts
It is most unfair and I don't know how they can justify it. How can someone hitting your car mean you are more likely to have another accident? If you caused an accident I could understand the reasoning, but a random event happening can't mean another random event is more likely. Not all companies increase the premiums though, so maybe we need to ask what their policy is before paying out at time of renewal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is most unfair and I don't know how they can justify it. How can someone hitting your car mean you are more likely to have another accident? If you caused an accident I could understand the reasoning, but a random event happening can't mean another random event is more likely. Not all companies increase the premiums though, so maybe we need to ask what their policy is before paying out at time of renewal.
Agreed, will see what happens at my renewal, later in the year.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
If you believe the blurb they put out, statistically it is proven that someone who has had 1 or more "accidents" is more likely to have another than someone who has never had one. The actuaries go into all sorts of levels of detail to tip things their way.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts