Jaguar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, F34 is occupied by a red 10A fuse. The German language handbook doesn't indicate a fuse here and in general bears no resemblance to what's installed. If I know what F34 should control I could pull it and see, but I'm wary of pulling fuses ad hoc as I managed to kill my electrics when installing my front camera some time ago (all sorted now).
In that case yours is like BRC’s that is same from MY as yours. His manual doesn’t mention F36 is for SRS. We were guessing based on MY2012 manual.

even that doesn’t make sense because I don’t have a F35 or F34 in MY2012 car.

Since your airbag light showing up normally and your RCM controls PPS, I very doubt F36 has anything to do with RCM or PPS. Have you noticed anything else not working on your car?

Not sure Pete but this is a photo of my 2014 layout which bears no resmblance to what my owners handbook suggests I should see. The 3 off 10 amp fuses are F34,35 and 36.

View attachment 180764

·
Registered
61 Posts
In that case yours is like BRC’s that is same from MY as yours. His manual doesn’t mention F36 is for SRS. We were guessing based on MY2012 manual.

even that doesn’t make sense because I don’t have a F35 or F34 in MY2012 car.

Since your airbag light showing up normally and your RCM controls PPS, I very doubt F36 has anything to do with RCM or PPS. Have you noticed anything else not working on your car?
And this is mine (before I pulled out F36, on the top right). BTW absolutely no other problems, everything opens and shuts and switches on and off when it is told to do so.
IMG_20191115_150611.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pretty well identical to mine at least in regards the area we are focussed upon. Additionally when I pulled F36 there was nothing shut down as a consequence. Again no warning lights on the dash which makes me wonder what it actually protects.
Here follows 2 pics from my owner's handbook which seems to have a publication date of 2013 and as you can see no mention whatsover of a fuse at F36.
Curious........

·
Registered
575 Posts
Pretty well identical to mine at least in regards the area we are focussed upon. Additionally when I pulled F36 there was nothing shut down as a consequence. Again no warning lights on the dash which makes me wonder what it actually protects.
Here follows 2 pics from my owner's handbook which seems to have a publication date of 2013 and as you can see no mention whatsover of a fuse at F36.
Curious........

View attachment 180920 View attachment 180922
Your manual seems correct. Interested to know what is F36 for then. Specially in MY12 where there is no F34 or F35!
Any how, this doesn’t seem to impact PPS nor SRS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got my car back today after pigeon deployed my PSS. There were no problems with repair and only took a couple of days. Unfortunately I am still £400.00 down for my excess and black mark on my insurance. Needless to say I will not be driving between 14 to 28 mph ever again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So Ian what was the actual cost to repair/reinstate?
Unfortunately the guy who dropped it off had no knowledge of the job, but promised when asked to get the manager to ring me to advise. He hasn’t as yet. Personally I’m just glad to get my car back all ok! If you want me to pursue am happy to do so.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks Ian, if you could pursue that would be useful to all members and being aware might help some of us.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
You usually get a report on all the jobs carried out and parts used. You may need it for future proof of warranty work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Spoke to the repairers today ( Barney, sands and hartridge in northfleet) they advise total cost of parts was 1300, paint and sundries 200 and labour 300. Breakdown of bits required: 50 for left and right bonnet hinges, 175 pedestrian sensor module, 120 x2 for pedestrian protection sensors, 400 each left and right trigger unit ( I think, can’t read my notes now) a few spacers and bolts. Fortunately my bonnet was not twisted and re usable.... Hope this helps....
On a separate note, the garage were quick and efficient, my car was only in a couple of days.

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
£2000 was what my indy told me I'd have been charged by the dealer had I taken mine there to be repaired. He did it for £600.
It's the reason a lot of older cars get written off when PPS deploys.

Reactions: Ianf

·
Registered
67 Posts
£2000 was what my indy told me I'd have been charged by the dealer had I taken mine there to be repaired. He did it for £600.
It's the reason a lot of older cars get written off when PPS deploys.
What irks me most is that despite no fault by me the insurance is going to go up, even with protected NCB. So, they up the premium for ‘incident’ then apply your NCB after. I’m looking forward with dread to see what my renewal will be. I also investigated getting it repaired without insurers involvement, they told me that once notified it was a matter of record and even if you did repair it yourself say, the premium would still go up. Not really fair that, especially as it may save them a lot of money!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Well technically it is your fault... for driving the vehicle. It's certainly not the insurers fault anyway, so why should they be penalised?

I'd certainly have questioned about the "matter of record" though. I'm sure there's been cases like this before and insurers have been told they cannot operate in this way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What irks me most is that despite no fault by me the insurance is going to go up, even with protected NCB. So, they up the premium for ‘incident’ then apply your NCB after. I’m looking forward with dread to see what my renewal will be. I also investigated getting it repaired without insurers involvement, they told me that once notified it was a matter of record and even if you did repair it yourself say, the premium would still go up. Not really fair that, especially as it may save them a lot of money!
Your insurance company did pay out and it is a "no claims bonus", but even if you have a no fault claim and the other parties insurance pays out in full, your premium still goes up coz they reckon you are more likely to claim in the future??

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you notify them of an incident but don't actually claim off your insurance you need to ensure they list it as an advised event and not a claim. They still increased the renewal though with my insurer (Admiral) not all do this though. It is possible to claim the increase in premium back from a third party's insurance (if there is one) but very difficult to do as the extra cost is hard to quantify as many insurers won't give a price without the 'event' being included, and you then have to go back each year to the other insurance company to claim it back. By which time the original policy of the third party may have ended and they will deny any responsibility. I am in the middle of this as someone hit our Z4 and I know the amount it increased as it was around the renewal time and I had a price already. Having trouble getting any money back from them at the moment, but I am not giving in to them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well technically it is your fault... for driving the vehicle. It's certainly not the insurers fault anyway, so why should they be penalised?

I'd certainly have questioned about the "matter of record" though. I'm sure there's been cases like this before and insurers have been told they cannot operate in this way.
Why should I be penalised? I’m not sure how I’m penalising the insurance company, all I’m suggesting is that this should not be a black mark against me for the future. I.e a no fault claim. If it happened to you I think you may feel differently!

As regards the ‘ matter of record’ bit, the message has not got through to Saga as that’s what they told me last week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you notify them of an incident but don't actually claim off your insurance you need to ensure they list it as an advised event and not a claim. They still increased the renewal though with my insurer (Admiral) not all do this though. It is possible to claim the increase in premium back from a third party's insurance (if there is one) but very difficult to do as the extra cost is hard to quantify as many insurers won't give a price without the 'event' being included, and you then have to go back each year to the other insurance company to claim it back. By which time the original policy of the third party may have ended and they will deny any responsibility. I am in the middle of this as someone hit our Z4 and I know the amount it increased as it was around the renewal time and I had a price already. Having trouble getting any money back from them at the moment, but I am not giving in to them.
When I spoke to my insurers they said that because there was nobody they could sue for the accident I have to accept it as my fault ( I wonder what woukd have happened if I said no) I didn’t know any better at the time or what a difference it may make. It’s been a long time thankfully since I made any claim. One thing I have just recalled from my conversation is that the adviser said it woukd be reported as an incident whatever and insurance may go up, but iirc she also said, but you maybe allowed one or two a year before it affects things. I guess I may not know till my renewal. And then, if it hits my pocket in a big way I may argue the finer points of this with them. Maybe worrying about nothing!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I feel for you Ian and can see where you are coming from. From my experience insurance companies are not adverse to jacking up premiums whenever/wherever they can and on the slimmest of pretences. Seems nowadays insurers like accidents on the basis it starts a feeding frenzy for the insurer, the repairer, the hire car company, personal injury claims and all the other hangers on. How often have you been asked, "is this an insurance claim?". You know full well the bill is going to inflate out of all proportion if you say, "it is".

121 - 140 of 145 Posts