Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been selling these on eBay and folks on the jag forums site like them. Also make a start button to repair cover

I have lots of design, Check them out bllic.jpg
IMG-9970.JPG
r.jpg

$8 USD
shipped globally, just order on ebay

coventry picture watermark.png

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've always thought a compass would be a good thing for this because then you wouldn't have an OCD issues with direction when the rotary selector is in Drive or P. I suggested it to a guy on Facebook and he actually made one, was it you?

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Anything that looks crooked in gear is a no.

Reactions: PeteA and MattS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've always thought a compass would be a good thing for this because then you wouldn't have an OCD issues with direction when the rotary selector is in Drive or P. I suggested it to a guy on Facebook and he actually made one, was it you?
Oh wow really? That's really OCD

Is it a pain adjusting the steering wheel when you park?

Anything that looks crooked in gear is a no.
I would agree but How do you make all the wheels spin the same so the wheels are lined up with emblems lined up like that every time you bring the car to a stop?

Do you get vertigo watching the wheel centers spin so see if they are lined up as the car is moving?

I tend to be looking out the windows when my car is gear and driving, so that;s not an issue for me....

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Oh wow really? That's really OCD
According to online feedback it's the same for many, not the few.

Is it a pain adjusting the steering wheel when you park?
No, my car has power steering.

I would agree but How do you make all the wheels spin the same so the wheels are lined up with emblems lined up like that every time you bring the car to a stop?

Do you get vertigo watching the wheel centers spin so see if they are lined up as the car is moving?
Rolls Royce solved that. British ingenuity as always. :p

I tend to be looking out the windows when my car is gear and driving, so that;s not an issue for me....
Why bother with a cover if you are too busy looking out of the window. :D

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
152 Posts
All my wheel badges are in line with the 'Jaguar Supercharged' alloy lettering, which is inline with my valves, which is directly opposite the locking wheel nut.

Thats OCD.

A sticker on the gear selector thats pointing different ways in PRNDS, would bake my noodle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha you guys are crazy lol, No offence to those truly affected by OCD, if that's the case.

I made these for myself because when I got my used XFR my OCD was tingling, I went to see what was missing at the dealer and alas he informed me that it was intended to be that way but for $75 I could get a genuine Jaguar accessory replacement. Of course was astonished that anyone would sell an unfinished car for $75,000 new. He told me I could buy a tiny piece of leather to put there.from them to finish the job. Even they know that people would assume something was missing from the rotary and want to fix it, and figured it was a great way to get additional money for the OCD buyers. The dealers will squeeze every penny to take advantage of a Jag lover.

Well mine still looked so naked and shiny and frankly pretty bad looking fake brushed aluminum chrome, blinding me.It was a really horrible contrast to the nice wood overlay. It was also a dirt and dust collector, tiny specs all the time required continued cleaning. OOPS now every time you look at that thing you'll be wishing you had a cover as you think how terrible it looks in such a nice interior. I'll give you the special NHS discount for anyone who needs because coming from the states, I understand how paying for healthcare sucks.

But it confuses me with all that OCD and you buy a Jaguar. It must drive you bonkers with all the fit an finish issues, gaps and misalignment of panels to start. Then there is all the mechanical and electrical gremlins and noises. Boy I hope that would not drive anyone to take drugs, (the good or the bad).

Well I am Glad there are hundreds of others not so much affected who keep buying them and who like the car to look finished when getting in, pressing the pulsing start button, hearing the wonderful Jaguar engine growl to life, watching the covered rotary raise with a completed finished look, not a spec of dirt to be seen because of a jaguar cover for $8. But only of course they don't care about the fact that the leaper has gone off alignment when they turn it to to D as the car purrs off.

Thanks for the banter, I've been giggling writing this, hope to have entertained you (again though feeling for all those with OCD, it can be debilitating) but not as much as owning a Jaguar without one of my toppers.

Oh yes any typoos here are not intentional, jsut careless while having a bit of fun so I hope that ehty do not set anyone off.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh by the way , I slo make the start buttno covers shown in the photos for thsoe who have had the high quality durable jaguar button crack or break, becasue we all know how pusing a tiny button can break with s light miscalcultion of pressure. FIies them right up, but will aslo set off COD becasue they are nto transparent and the heartbeat flahing is not visible. BUt for those that don't wan tto pay hunreds fo a new on they are a life saver.

Oh tis thime the typos are on purpose... bye

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Did you know that the pulsing of the start button is meant to replicate a Jaguars heart beat whilst at rest?...

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
[snip]
But it confuses me with all that OCD and you buy a Jaguar. It must drive you bonkers with all the fit an finish issues, gaps and misalignment of panels to start. Then there is all the mechanical and electrical gremlins and noises. Boy I hope that would not drive anyone to take drugs, (the good or the bad).
[snip]
Maybe yours is a Friday special? :eek::p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you know that the pulsing of the start button is meant to replicate a Jaguars heart beat whilst at rest?...
Of course I do, but that is a feature I can live without for the cost of replacing a broken start button on an old Jaguar.
I highlight that in my description for my sales, That said I have sold about 130 of them to people with bad buttons. And got tons of very thankful people who love their cars but not the expense of fixing them (correctly)

It costs about 1K at a dealer to replace if you have a 2009 or 10 that's more than 10% of the value of the car, screw that jaguar heartbeat for that kind of coin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe yours is a Friday special? :eek::p
I often wonder if the UK its Friday everyday at the Jaguar plants, these cars look like they are built by drunks. I used to work for a British company and they had a pub on site! How can you not love that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts