Jaguar Forum banner
661 - 680 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Yep, Donnelly’s sorted it out back in July for me then requested £263 of Madge’s finest pounds.

I’ve had it out with CRC and have been waiting over a month for the agreed refund from Donnelly’s.

I’m sorry to say they are no longer great.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I'm devastated given how impressive they have been .I hate seeing Steve so disappointed and not himself as a result. He's such a trusting chap as Riggs would say. It's a sad ending for "The Donnellys are great " posts . Only to replaced by " Donnellys are Ahole" posts .

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
It's a special coating Riggs brought back from his trips away.... say no more ;)

Looking fabulous Allan. Pity it's doing it's damndest to rain this afternoon. :(
Apparently Marc does his own sent also . With every detail you get 200ml of "Essence de Marc "

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I'm devastated given how impressive they have been .I hate seeing Steve so disappointed and not himself as a result. He's such a trusting chap as Riggs would say. It's a sad ending for "The Donnellys are great " posts . Only to replaced by " Donnellys are Ahole" posts .
I'm still waiting for Norma to phone me :cry:

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Norma needs a good seeing to. Is she nice? I’m sure I could find a spare SD card on her given half the chance ….

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
Back on topic, XFS V3 is looking awesome - enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you fella. Summer has been a blast, in normal and sport modes. Eco and winter modes really does rein in the horses though. Very noticeable difference.

Still, im happy and definitely enjoying the car yet.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Looking fantastic Allan. Glad you’re still enjoying your wheels!

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
Looking fantastic Allan. Glad you’re still enjoying your wheels!
Thank you Gordon,

very much still enjoying my 'wheels' ;)

Service next week. Battery low message has popped up a few times.

Think I need to take it for an extended run :)

Hopefully that's all it is, and not a short somewhere. Had that on v1, faulty box under one of the seats iirc.

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
Bugger,

2 years of ownership marked by a possible faulty alternator.

Took v3 and a mate for a decent run down the Ards Peninsula before stopping off at a well known local restaurant, something like 30 miles.

Switched off engine to be met with a low battery message again.

Knackers!! Extended warranty should cover the alternator. Hopefully not the battery seeing that's classed a wear and tear item, iirc.

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
Maybe time to consider attaching a comfort charger for when your away.
Possibly - annoying thing is I have a C-Tek charger in the car. I could have used it instead of going for a run, but hey - it was a nice day.

I wouldn't want to leave the charger fitted while I was away, as this would be a sign to would be thieves that I wasn't at home.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Bugger,

2 years of ownership marked by a possible faulty alternator.

Took v3 and a mate for a decent run down the Ards Peninsula before stopping off at a well known local restaurant, something like 30 miles.

Switched off engine to be met with a low battery message again.

Knackers!! Extended warranty should cover the alternator. Hopefully not the battery seeing that's classed a wear and tear item, iirc.
Was it just a 'low battery' message when you started/turned the car on Riggs? If so was it the 3 or 1 minute to armageddon version?

If either, just ignore it and C-Tek the car until full, the car may well still moan about low battery for a few starts/runs.. it's probably just gone into pathological liar mode...

Alternators usually just fail full stop, at which time you get the battery not charging red alert whilst driving.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Possibly - annoying thing is I have a C-Tek charger in the car. I could have used it instead of going for a run, but hey - it was a nice day.

I wouldn't want to leave the charger fitted while I was away, as this would be a sign to would be thieves that I wasn't at home.
Not if you put a sign up that says " I'm not away" .

Have you tried the Ctek on conditioning setting to see if it can revive the battery?

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Can you 'condition' an AGM battery?

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
Not if you put a sign up that says " I'm not away" .

Have you tried the Ctek on conditioning setting to see if it can revive the battery?
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

661 - 680 of 732 Posts