Jaguar Forum banner
621 - 640 of 732 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
I don’t like it.
Neither do I..... I absolutely love it. 😁 😁 😁 😁
OMG, he's done an epic job.

Best of all it was a stunning day to pick it up. Tomorrow is to be decent as well, so you can get window down , elbow out and the tunes banging round Bangor Marina (y)(y)

Reactions: googsy1

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Steve is busy doing his own little photo shoot which he will be posting later. :unsure: He doesn't like when other people get too much attention, lets be honest he is a bit of an exhibitionist.
As if.... hmmmmm ;)

·
Registered
9,855 Posts

Best of all it was a stunning day to pick it up. Tomorrow is to be decent as well, so you can get window down , elbow out and the tunes banging round Bangor Marina (y)(y)
Maybe we could have a meet at Riggs place and take turns sliding off the bonnet .

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Looks absolutely gorgeous Allan.

Reactions: Rigger

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Maybe we could have a meet at Riggs place and take turns sliding off the bonnet .
Might be more slidey that you think Conor.

Woke up this morning to find the car covered in dew.

Lovely beading!!!

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #627 ·

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·

I'm trying to avoid doing the banging tunes round the marina mate. I'm driving a Jaaaag, not a Pimped up Corsa 🤣

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Didn’t realise the Mark that was doing the work was Mark Leddy. No wonder it looks so good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
Didn’t realise the Mark that was doing the work was Mark Leddy. No wonder it looks so good :)

Yes mate. Found him entirely by accident.

I had been trying to find a detailer for ages around the Belfast area. Left it alone for months at a time. I'd heard that there was a detailer in Lisburn which can be 30-60 mins away depending on traffic.

Then last autumn, I put "car detailer, Belfast" into Google, and Waxed and Polished came up within a few miles of my address.

When I popped down to enquire, not only was Marc there, but he was hosting a Rupes detailing class - led by Alan Metcalfe.

Alan Metcalfe was the same guy who detailed my first XFS up in Elgin. So was really bizarre to see him years later here.

Alan vouched me as a good customer, and said that Marc was one of the best if not the best detailer in N' Ireland and Ireland.

Found out that afternoon that Marc was the same detailer that had a shop in Lisburn, but had recently moved his business to Bangor, as it is where he lives.

Happenstance, serendipity - call it what you will, but I'm really happy with the results!

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
I know Alan as well :) good guys. I didn’t realise you were actively looking.

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
I know Alan as well :) good guys. I didn’t realise you were actively looking.

Yeah, 100% agree - both really nice guys.

No probs about looking. I forgot that you are mad keen on the detailing scene as well, knowing a lot of the guys in the business, but all's well that ends well.

Well - until it goes back to get the bonnet done after the respray. Should be around June/July if all works out well.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the black leaper logo as well as the new Jaguar letters in black too?

Thinking of replacing the silver letters and leaper - as they are the only silver things (aside from the exhaust tips) on the car.

I'm thinking the letters and leaper logo in black would match the wheels, side skirts, rear valance and window surrounds better.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the black leaper logo as well as the new Jaguar letters in black too?

Thinking of replacing the silver letters and leaper - as they are the only silver things (aside from the exhaust tips) on the car.

I'm thinking the letters and leaper logo in black would match the wheels, side skirts, rear valance and window surrounds better.
They came in black on the I-PACE but not sure if any other of the current line up offer them in black. I would probably just get some plasti-dip and paint yours.

Reactions: Rigger and DAVENN

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,784 Posts
Alliexpress do them in many colours
The problem with those Aliexpress ones is they are flat, not curved, and solid metal which is pretty much impossible to bend. I know coz I bought one (leaper) years ago to put on the F-Type but the curve of the F-Type spoiler lid where the leaper goes was more than the badge could handle without the ends sticking up in the air. Dunno about the X260 but I suspect it might be the same.
You can now get a gloss black OEM leaper and "JAGUAR" badge for the F-Type as a matched set with a fitting template and I guess that would also work on the X260. Not cheap but may be your best bet.

Reactions: Rigger and ChrisSB

·
20,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
The problem with those Aliexpress ones is they are flat, not curved, and solid metal which is pretty much impossible to bend. I know coz I bought one (leaper) years ago to put on the F-Type but the curve of the F-Type spoiler lid where the leaper goes was more than the badge could handle without the ends sticking up in the air. Dunno about the X260 but I suspect it might be the same.
You can now get a gloss black OEM leaper and "JAGUAR" badge for the F-Type as a matched set with a fitting template and I guess that would also work on the X260. Not cheap but may be your best bet.
Thanks Kim,

I'll bear that in mind regarding the Ali Express ones.

I'll give the local dealer a call, and see if they can come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That looks stunning :)

621 - 640 of 732 Posts