Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 648 Posts

·
19,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the process of buying a XFS S/C.

The test drive went very well indeed.

Not sure why, but when I drove the 3.0 Diesel back to back with the 3.0 S/C at Strugess a few years ago - there was very little difference, and the exhaust sounded very muted - a real let down after running the F-Type at Dunsfold - I was really looking forward to hearing that exhaust note again.

No such problems today. Sounds lovely.

The mid range torque - my god - I certainly felt the difference today.

Corkills in Wigan have answered all my questions fully and quickly too.

Colour is Gallium Silver.

Also called Jaguar warranty to be sure regarding the date of the 2nd service. All good.

Just arranging the details now - pick up should be Saturday.

Will get pics up when I can.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Result! Congrats!

The exhaust note really depends a lot on the in cabin insulation in the X250 and surely also in the X260. On the outside it’s really quite loud. If you want the full F-type sound it’s a matter of changing the exhaust or installing valves.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Woohoooo

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Result! Congrats!

The exhaust note really depends a lot on the in cabin insulation in the X250 and surely also in the X260. On the outside it’s really quite loud. If you want the full F-type sound it’s a matter of changing the exhaust or installing valves.
I forgot to put my back seats back up the other day after visiting the tip. Car sounded loads better inside!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase, especially as it’s the 3l petrol ;)
I hope it gives you lots of smiles.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
Nice one, Allan! Looking forward to the photos.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Congratulations Allan.

Is the quad exhaust conversion on the cards?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
19,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one Riggs. Do we need to crowdfund the tuning box?
Your generosity knows no bounds Jake, truly a gentleman and a scholar.

'Bout 3K should cover it maybes ;)

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

·
19,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations Allan.

Is the quad exhaust conversion on the cards?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Once the warranty runs out - and may decide not to renew - then yes - quads!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I forgot to put my back seats back up the other day after visiting the tip. Car sounded loads better inside!
Yep, that's a good little mod! I actually learned about this free exhaust mod from a Mustang forum a couple of years ago and have used it myself too. :) Tried once with the boot floor open too but don't think it made a big difference. Probably better to remove the boot floor completely but that felt as a bit too much hassle for just a spirited drive. Might do it the next time I head for the ring.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Hope it all goes according to plan Allan.. sounds like you got a good 'un!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yep, that's a good little mod! I actually learned about this free exhaust mod from a Mustang forum a couple of years ago and have used it myself too. :) Tried once with the boot floor open too but don't think it made a big difference. Probably better to remove the boot floor completely but that felt as a bit too much hassle for just a spirited drive. Might do it the next time I head for the ring.
Speaking of Mustangs and exhausts... chap over the road from my parents has a v8 Mustang. I was at their place last winter and without saying anything, remote started my car to warm it up before driving home.

Mum: “urgh, there’s him again with that obnoxious car”
Me: “Er...”

It does rev pretty high on cold start. And anyway she’s got no room to complain, at 75 she’s got a Golf GTI with a performance exhaust!

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Welcome back to the world of proper throttle response Rigger.

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Only another two cylinders to go ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Congratulations. Why not going XE route?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Speaking of Mustangs and exhausts... chap over the road from my parents has a v8 Mustang. I was at their place last winter and without saying anything, remote started my car to warm it up before driving home.

Mum: “urgh, there’s him again with that obnoxious car”
Me: “Er...”

It does rev pretty high on cold start. And anyway she’s got no room to complain, at 75 she’s got a Golf GTI with a performance exhaust!
Good one! :D It definitely revs pretty high on cold starts and gets especially shouty if the car really is cold. On the extremely few occasions that my car is parked up somewhere outdoors in winter time for a few hours I'm always a bit surprised by the extra noise on startup.

In that sense these cars are a bit deceptive... behind the wheel you think the exhaust is quite muted while people on the outside think you're an utter throttle tart!

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Good one! :D It definitely revs pretty high on cold starts and gets especially shouty if the car really is cold. On the extremely few occasions that my car is parked up somewhere outdoors in winter time for a few hours I'm always a bit surprised by the extra noise on startup.

In that sense these cars are a bit deceptive... behind the wheel you think the exhaust is quite muted while people on the outside think you're an utter throttle tart!
I’m amazed none of my neighbours have complained about my car yet for the same reason.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Lovely Allan, looking forward to the pics and that drive out to Harrison’s... ;)

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Here’s a little something to wet your Quad appetite ...

559EEE82-0E2F-4B7E-BEF5-30155245EEB1.jpg

Splendid news indeed , should we call you Gollum now ?

1 - 20 of 648 Posts