Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a picture of a Stratus Grey XFR wearing a set of Nevis Wheels? I’m toying with the idea of changing mine from Dark Draco’s but can’t figure out if I want to or not.

Can’t work out if the all silver wheels on a dark car with black pack would look daft or not...

Thanks,

David.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't have a photo but do agree with you that the Dracos look a bit 'small'? I think it's the shiny outer rim that does that. Nevis are fine but not the easiest to clean. I prefer dark wheels, why not get a set of Nevis or anything else you like, and get them painted? Satin finish very dark grey works well, and doesn't obviously show brake dust.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
David, if you're stuck, see if you can do a photoshop job or perhaps someone on here can do it for you?

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
I can do that. But would need a side-on photo of David's car and similar of another car sporting said Nevis wheels.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is probably the best side on picture I have of my car at the moment. Most of them I tend to take from an angle. Will see if I can find a side on picture of an XFR on Nevis wheels now :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I can do that. But would need a side-on photo of David's car and similar of another car sporting said Nevis wheels.
Isn't there a thread on here that has pictures of all available XF wheels somewhere?..

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know mines not stratus but I went with anthracite on my lunar grey but thinking off changing to gloss black as I had on my indigo blue especially know that ive gone with the full black pack

·
18,051 Posts
This is probably the best side on picture I have of my car at the moment. Most of them I tend to take from an angle. Will see if I can find a side on picture of an XFR on Nevis wheels now :)

View attachment 181038
Let me have a tinker with your pic and Jordans pic.

·
18,051 Posts
How's this look?

Wheels are backwards sorry - but it was the only quick way I could get the brake calipers in the right position.

·
18,051 Posts
Editing mistake

·
18,051 Posts
I could change the window trims to silver as well if you're still unsure.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Not imho it doesn't.. quite the opposite way round as far as I'm concerned.. though it does vary a bit depending on body colour...

But then again I've never been as convinced about the overall body/trim lines on the saloon as on the sportbrake either.. they just don't 'flow' as well imho on the saloon at the rear quarter...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Black just looks dirty, especially wheels, it must be the most dismal colour ever, I've never understood why anyone would want their car to look this way. Phil

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Can we argue about whether black (or white) is a colour.. please, pretty please... :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
I like contrast, dont like black wheels as they get lost against the tyres, also if the tyres aren't immaculately cleaned and dressed they look odd to me.

That being said, not my car, nor my choice, but I have never liked the Draco alloys...

A light shadow chrome is what I have gone with previously on black cars to darken the wheel slightly but still appear light enough

1 - 20 of 26 Posts