Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Isn't it torque that will cause wheel spin, not power? :unsure:
But adding power usually adds torque so whilst we're only discussing the power increase, it's assumed the torque would increase as well.

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,784 Posts
Isn't it torque that will cause wheel spin, not power? :unsure:
Agreed.
Stock torque for my V6S is 461 Nm but the tune has raised that to 598 Nm so line ball with the old XFS 3.0 D and as we know that car can lose the rear end fairly easily.

·
Registered
2014 XF 2.2 Luxury Sportbrake, 2014 XFR-S Sportbrake (Jekyll and Hyde)
13 Posts
IF you want a clear idea of where your R-S map has you here's yesterday's 6th gear pull (hits the speed limiter before peak power, in 4th it peaked at 6000RPM) so the factory map and power claims are pretty bang on.
That Torque plateau leads to such a linear power delivery <3
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Circle

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice! I see you hit 180mph. Good thing I've replicated the XFR-S top speed too ;) 155->186mph

·
Registered
786 Posts
Never had that problem. Even on a track. Only time I’ve ever seen issues with traction was in the wet or at Santa Pod (but that was a standing start). Never broke traction once rolling (except in the wet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't your back end pop out unexpectedly once in public a couple of years ago?! Wasn't there a video of it?!

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Didn't your back end pop out unexpectedly once in public a couple of years ago?! Wasn't there a video of it?!
Nope

Reactions: Avantime

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Is that the black saloon that was leaving a meet?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts