Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps hope ya'll well

i noticed the other day that my bonnet may need adjustment, when shut the drivers side front part of the bonnet is nice and tight with no movement but the passenger side front part i can press it up and down slightly (hardly anything to be fair but enough to bug me)
i notice there are 2 rubber covered threads poking up either side when open. you can see around 10mm of passenger side and around 6mm of drivers side, im guessing i just need to screw the passenger side down a tad?

the car failed to lock yesterday until i gave the bonnet a real good slam which i dont really like doing as im a heavy handed oaf at the best of times.

is there anything i need to know,any particular way of doing it?
car is a 2014 xfr.

cheers guys

·
Registered
589 Posts
You can also adjust the 2 "loops" under the bonnet, this will pull down the bonnet to make a tighter fit. The 2 bonnet stops you mention can be adjusted to allow the bonnet to sit higher/lower. It's one of those jobs where you just need to fiddle with until your happy!

·
Super Moderator
20,642 Posts
You can also adjust the 2 "loops" under the bonnet, this will pull down the bonnet to make a tighter fit. The 2 bonnet stops you mention can be adjusted to allow the bonnet to sit higher/lower. It's one of those jobs where you just need to fiddle with until your happy!
I agree, go with the hoops first. Sunday Club have adjusted many a bonnet to fit by tweaking the hoops

1 - 3 of 3 Posts