Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
27,849 Posts
If you buy from a dealer you have an effective 6 month warranty anyway, under the current consumer legislation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
18,708 Posts
It looks a beauty. If I were to buy it, I'd want to know the cam chain and tensioners had been done.

I'd also try and see if the cooling pipework had been done.

Not a lot else to worry about aside from usual suspects.

A 500+ Hp car for less than £10K and less than 10 years old.

If the car has had the chains and tensioners done - someone is going to get a bargain!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It looks a beauty. If I were to buy it, I'd want to know the cam chain and tensioners had been done.

I'd also try and see if the cooling pipework had been done.

Not a lot else to worry about aside from usual suspects.

A 500+ Hp car for less than £10K and less than 10 years old.

If the car has had the chains and tensioners done - someone is going to get a bargain!
Thanks, you arent helping. I know its a bargain. Suppose there will always be another ....

·
18,708 Posts
Thanks, you arent helping. I know its a bargain. Suppose there will always be another ....
LOL, sorry. Thought you had made up your mind not to go for it, so reckoned I was safe for my tuppence worth ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
LOL, sorry. Thought you had made up your mind not to go for it, so reckoned I was safe for my tuppence worth ;)
I have, but of course I can change it :)

I think for now, its not the right thing to do. I'm sure I can get something newer / nicer / better when ready and then make it as fun as this is.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Price is very tempting. 2nd or 3rd car, just to have fun with it 2/3000 miles per Year. It might last another 10 year without major issues...Someone will get a stupid smile on his face soon :)
In 10 year will be a modern classic...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My commute has gone from 100 miles per day x 5 days per week to 20 mile per day 2-3 times per week, so certainly a lot more 'affordable' but it would be my main daily and our 'family car as the Mrs currently has a Cooper S. And yes, a potential future classic perhaps, so tempting.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
This is a decision to make with your Heart :)
Cost wise is going to be an expensive toy to run if you are lucky, very expensive if you are not. Cheap to buy not to maintain.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How much 'value' is there in that this is one of the 100 limited edition in terms of potential future classic or should I just look for any nice clean XFRs in future?

·
Super Moderator
27,205 Posts
I don't think there is any value. These were just dealer special editions were they not? Not official Jaguar special editions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
According to Evo as per below. Doesnt really tell me 'whodunit'.

"The spring of 2011 brought the launch of a special edition, the XFR 100 (because only 100 were made), with a swankier cabin, black exterior trim and dark grey 20in ‘Draco’ alloys with red brake calipers. "

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
And another thread that talks about it being some dealers but then contradicted to say it was more than just a dealer thing.

·
18,708 Posts
Think it was Stratstone who released the XFR 100. I think Chris is right, it wasn't an official Jaguar limited edition.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
27,205 Posts
Think it was Stratstone who released the XFR 100. I think Chris is right, it wasn't an official Jaguar limited edition.
That's what I remember reading. I can't imagine Jaguar putting Quicksilver exhausts on a car, they've just get their own made.

·
Super Moderator
11,364 Posts
Jaguar introduced a XJR 100 in September 2001, the 100th Anniversary of Sir William Lyons birth. 500 were made.

Reactions: Rigger and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
27,205 Posts
So maybe they will be special. I was getting them mixed up with the Le Mans version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 64 Posts