Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, appreciate your guidance what could be the faulty parts needing replacement of this model of Jag facing the above symptom.
It always happened at the point after refueling. It will crank and start up the engine but within a second or two will cut off with the gear nob raised.
Starting the engine again after lower the gear nob, it will continue to crank for a long time but not start unless i push the accelerator pedal.
This is the only way to start the engine after refueling.
Once the engine is started, the next start of the engine thereof will not have any problem (whether cold or hot) until the next refueling.
I had tried to simulate by opening the fuel cap, for a few minutes, recapping without refueling. There is no issue with starting.
I had also tried refueling only to between half and 3/4 fuel tank level but it has the same symptom.

A few workshops I went to suggested replacing the fuel pump but I feel its not the problem as I have no issue with starting the second time after the engine is started once.
I saw a thread in this forum about "wierd issue when filling with fuel" from a user Grossenbol with the same model and year. Wonder if he was successful in resolving with the purge valve replacement.
the link New Xf owner: wierd issue when filling with fuel

Before encountering this starting problem, I had the faced occasionally the issue of filler nozzle tripping off when the tank is not even full.

Hope you wonderful guys with experience on this beautiful Jag can lend a helping hand in resolving this.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Sounds like sediment in your tank being disturbed when you add fuel. Try changing your fuel filter and have your fuel tank flushed. Have you tried using different fuel supplier to ensure it’s not faulty fuel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Starkgr, tks for the heads up on this. If the fuel filter or the fuel is the case, then the fuel supply to the engine will be generally be affected in all cases not just starting after refueling. I believe its more electrical or electrical relay that sends a signal the ECU during/after the refueling which stops the engine immediately after it is started after the refuelling process. However, I still can't find the circuitry or logic to this from the internet. The fact that after managing to start the engine after refueling, the next start has no problem with starting as I believe the signal has already been cancelled after the engine managed to start and maintain operation/stability. So I am puzzle which signal it could have send to the ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts