Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
XF S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a x260 3.0D XF S having previously had the same car but in x250 guise.
The x250 had 271bhp and 600nm torque whilst the newer x260 has 295bhp and 700nm torque.

Does anyone know why the newer version has more power, more torque. and weighs less yet the 0-60 times are virtually identical? 5.8s vs 5.9s?

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Simply because the Jaguar 'official' figures can't be trusted...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
The torque is limited when pulling away. But in any case, you’re not doing 0-60 every 5 mins, so just enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Didn't the X250 have 'only' 6 gears whereas the later model has 8 ?
I've noticed quite a difference in poke once over 50mph. My mpg figures are not as good as my XF 2012my which was 240bhp.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Not sure where you've got those 0-60 times from, but all the official ones I can find are 6.4 (X250) and 6.2 (X260).

Here's some verified performance figures for both though (based on numerous sources)..... (0-100kmph/0-62mph)

7.4 X250
6.6 X260.

Certainly seems much more feasible given the power and weight of the cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Autotrader lists the X250 D S as 5.9s to 60.

Jaguars sales brochure for MY14 says 6.4s, maybe Autotrader is using the data for the 3 litre petrol, the sale brochure shows this as 5.9s.

Font Line Parallel Circle Pattern

·
Registered
384 Posts
Small differences in quoted times are normally down to the difference between 0-60 and the 0-62 (100kph). For such a small speed increase (2mph) there often seems to be quite a difference.

·
Super Moderator
20,642 Posts
Autotrader lists the X250 D S as 5.9s to 60.

Jaguars sales brochure for MY14 says 6.4s, maybe Autotrader is using the data for the 3 litre petrol, the sale brochure shows this as 5.9s.

View attachment 189652
The XC60 PHEV i have ordered is a 4x4 and with a 2.0l engine plus the battery is 455BHP with a 0-62 (0-100kmh) of 4.9. (Extrapolating 0-6 in 4.7s)

It’s insane that its at the same level as a 5.0l supercharged Jag, indeed not fat behind a F Type. Just wont go round corners as well.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I remember reading 60 times of 5.x a few years ago before buying my diesel S. Quick google shows autocar quoting 5.7 and evo at 5.9.

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
0-60 times for the XF will be erratic due to rear brake intervention during the initial launch.

The amount of ‘traction’ related work those rear anchors do is bourn out by the speed at which they wear compared to the front brakes.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
The 60-62mph speed barrier is like an athlete hitting the wall.

Or, in motoring terms, it’s like Doc trying to break through 88mph in the DeLorean.

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
The 60-62mph speed barrier is like an athlete hitting the wall.

Or, in motoring terms, it’s like Doc trying to break through 88mph in the DeLorean.
…or even like changing from 2nd to 3rd gear in the 8 speed.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
…or even like changing from 2nd to 3rd gear in the 8 speed.
Surely in the 8-speed 60-62mph would be a 5th to 6th to 7th gear change?

Unless you’re in dynamic mode, in which case it’s 3rd to 2nd to (failed) 1st to 2nd to 3rd?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The XC60 PHEV i have ordered is a 4x4 and with a 2.0l engine plus the battery is 455BHP with a 0-62 (0-100kmh) of 4.9. (Extrapolating 0-6 in 4.7s)

It’s insane that its at the same level as a 5.0l supercharged Jag, indeed not fat behind a F Type. Just wont go round corners as well.
Did you manage to test drive 1 without the salesman? ;) They are ridiculously fast for a 2.5 ton SUV on the straight!

·
Registered
XF S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't the X250 have 'only' 6 gears whereas the later model has 8 ?
I've noticed quite a difference in poke once over 50mph. My mpg figures are not as good as my XF 2012my which was 240bhp.
I did notice straightaway the newer one feels quicker on the move.
just curious as to why they quote as almost identical figures , not criticising the car as I love it

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
My XJ has a quoted time of 0-60 in 6 seconds.

Would it be any faster if I fitted quads?

Asking for a friend?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
0-60 is an irrelavant stat though if a large proportion of cars are in the sub-5 second category - which they are. Years ago when the average family wagon was 12 seconds, the performance version of those 8 seconds, and the super cars of the day around 5 seconds, then you always had that vision of 'what-if', and the top trump shoot-out. That's no longer there. Can you imagine a whole pack of top trumps of performance SUVs all with the same 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds 🤣 🤣

My F-Type does in allegedly in 3.9. Have I ever timed/tried to do that. Nope. 30-70 is a more relevant real-world stat. EVs need to find another selling point, as their current one is obsolete.

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
My F-Type does in allegedly in 3.9. Have I ever timed/tried to do that. Nope. 30-70 is a more relevant real-world stat. EVs need to find another selling point, as their current one is obsolete.
It’ll continue to be a selling point as long as slow ICE cars are still around. That may not be for as long as you might think judging by how quickly the new car landscape is changing.

·
Registered
22,319 Posts
My XJ has a quoted time of 0-60 in 6 seconds.

Would it be any faster if I fitted quads?

Asking for a friend?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Absolutely! :cool:

Reactions: Ianf and JayF

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
It’ll continue to be a selling point as long as slow ICE cars are still around. That may not be for as long as you might think judging by how quickly the new car landscape is changing.
Yes - but not EV to EV. What will make you go from Tesla to another EV next time. I bet it has bugger all to do with the 0-60 times

1 - 20 of 46 Posts