Jaguar Forum banner

XF R-Sport 2.0d - Firenze Red

40K views 747 replies 30 participants last post by  Statler 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spied a potential purchase locally.

It’s not quite 3 and has plenty of toys including the winter pack and ICTP. Folding rear seats, full black sport interior etc.

Wheels are diamond cut and from the pics could do with a refurb.

Money is good for the age at £16950. Mileage which is maybe a bit high is 40380.

I’m planning to buy this one outright and am doing around 10k a year.

It should have been or just about to go through it’s second service (42k)

One owner from new.

Would the higher mileage give anyone cause for concern?

Seems an interesting way to get up the years, although I’m still very much taken with my almost 9 yr old XF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
What output is the engine, some people think the 163bhp version is a bit underpowered for the car, although I appreciate that it's only a short step to the 180bhp but apparently it makes a difference.
I went from the xf-r to an xe-s and have no regrets. I dont think the milage is an issue, although you don't tell us how old it is, as long as it has the full service history to ensure it been maintained to an appropriate standard.

#4 ·
Your car gets a very good review here fella (DF)

I understand Steve's requirements though - had he lived in Belfast, then the 3.0 petrol wee monster might have been an option for him, but living out a ways means the sensible thing for him is the diesel.

I'm wondering when Steve gets this new XE, which he is going to use for weekends away. The larger F-Pace Mrs Statler has, or the more nimble XE. ( I imagine the XE on the Antrim coastal road being a lovely thing to drive)

Sounds like a great idea for a wee mini meet one day - Larne to Portstewart then Coleraine and back via Ballymena

#3 ·
Thanks. Aporeciate the feedback
As mentioned, just under 3 yrs old. March 17

It’s the 180hp auto

I’ll make a call later and get the full info in it.

#10 ·
Thanks Gav, good to know!

Seen a couple of nice 2019 models locally Steve.

New model, new interior.

Tempted?
Very, very Allan, but small steps up are required for my next couple of cars....

I wasn't recommending the XES, but the XE in general :)
I'd love an 'S' model, but the economics of running a petrol as a daily just don't work for me. I was badly bitten by a BMW 520i a long time ago and the scars are still there....

#14 ·
XE R-Sport 2.0d in IRR

Thanks Rick.

Phoned earlier and It’s still available.
I’m told it’s a non-smokers car which is essential, so I’m going to see it tomorrow evening.

I have the WBAC but price for mine which is slightly better than I thought @ £5600 - I know where to start from.

Good thing is that there is an almost identical one at another local dealer with 47k and but with pimento red interior, which I’m not keen on. Similar money, so that should give me a lever.

While this is my car, I am mindful that it’s a second car to the F-Pace so outlay has to be reasonable.

#18 ·
Don’t make a mistake. Xe 180 hp is superb. Xf 180hp is not.

#19 ·
I liked the drive. I liked the kit. Ride is good.
Need to take it out to the country.

I’m going to see the other one tomorrow just as a comparison.

Honestly, I got back into the XF and let out a little sigh. Home. [emoji846]

I’m not sure I’m ready to part with her yet. [emoji853]

#21 ·
I had the pleasure of getting a Jaguar XE R Sport 160bhp as a courtesy car back in 2018. It was a great step up from my current x250 in the tech department but gosh the XE felt very tight and small in the inside specially in the back. Leg room is almost non-existent :( Apart from that it was a great car and by far lighter than the XF. I was surprised how nippy it was in dynamic mode. It surely felt quick in the 0-60 department compared to the XF but quick to run out of puff.

#22 ·
All change....

Took a run down to Dungannon Jaguar this morning to look at a couple of cars, XE and XF, both 20.d R-Sport.

The XF really did it for me. Much more refined than the XE, better space, quiter and still quick enough. With the extra 30hp a Tunit will bring, it would be rapid enough for me.

July 2016 XF R-Sport 2.0d in Firenze Red with 18" alloys, 25000 miles

The car isn't online yet, had a full service, brake pads and 4 new tyres yesterday.
After the test drive it headed off to the detailer to have the wheels refurb'd and the body polished
I've seen it at it's lowest point, so mid-week I'm hoping to see a vast improvement, at which time, we'll talk numbers.

In addition, my beautiful 20" Senta wheels will just bolt on :D
I think this is a very good candidate for me.

#23 ·
:upyeah:
Welcome to the ‘fold’ like you say, with a little help the x260 2.0D is not far off the 3.0D 240 but lighter and more nimble.
Nice colour

#27 ·
So after some digging down the back of the sofa over the weekend and a decent chat about the car with Mrs S, I’ve decided to buy the XF over an XE.

So much for downsizing... [emoji846]

I’ll discuss this with Donnelly’s on Wednesday when I see the car fully prepped and ready to go.

Time to start stripping the old girl.

Anyone need a removable swan neck towbar for an X250? [emoji6]

#28 ·
Nice one, Steve!
Let me be the first to say . . . . . don't forget the photos!!! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

#36 ·
XE R-Sport 2.0d in IRR

Thanks Dave.

Conor, it’s got black window trim, satin chrome grill surround, side power vents and bumper trim.

Callipers are black as they’ve done the brakes. New rear discs and pads all round.
Colour change will be done. Not sure I’d red on red will work, maybe a bright blue [emoji6]

Jake, don’t fret Bro, unless the headlamps don’t use D3S we’ll remain Nightbreaker Laser chums as the bulbs will be swapped. [emoji3] A hanky-ini is not required

My car will go direct to the trade so anything that can come off will including the bulbs, sun shades, wheels, towbar, Tunit and anything else that isn’t OEM bolted down. [emoji106][emoji6]

#40 ·
Nice one Steve.. :cool: