Jaguar Forum banner

561 - 580 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Took a run out earlier.

My goodness those tyres are quiet compared with the Yokohama BlueEarth tyres on the 18’s.

Comfort wise, a little harsher on the ride but not overly. Still very civilised.

TPMS didn’t appear to pick up the new sensors while out, but I’ve just checked and they are showing both settings now, so it looks like they’ve settled.

Got hold of Direct Line earlier today and added the towbar (forgot to before) and they took a note of the 20” wheels.

No extra premium.

I did mention that I’d seen they were offering a mileage adjustment during COVID. I’m down by 150 miles a month so I’m due a £63 refund.

Worth checking with your own insurance just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rigger

·
18,475 Posts
Took a run out earlier.

My goodness those tyres are quiet compared with the Yokohama BlueEarth tyres on the 18’s.

Comfort wise, a little harsher on the ride but not overly. Still very civilised.

TPMS didn’t appear to pick up the new sensors while out, but I’ve just checked and they are showing both settings now, so it looks like they’ve settled.

Got hold of Direct Line earlier today and added the towbar (forgot to before) and they took a note of the 20” wheels.

No extra premium.

I did mention that I’d seen they were offering a mileage adjustment during COVID. I’m down by 150 miles a month so I’m due a £63 refund.

Worth checking with your own insurance just in case.

Won't be long til the coffee shops are open.

A blast to Portaferry with a wee photoshoot maybes? Maybe get Conor and OCD (Mark up too)

Good that your insurer is being fairly reasonable and giving you a refund.

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
I went to Portaferry for my 8th birthday. I received a Steve Austin action man. It included the roll back forearm skin with bionics , bionic eye and came with a plastic engine block he could lift by pressing a button on his back.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
I went there on my 12th Birthday.

There were 10 of us packed into my Dad’s Chrysler Alpine. Thankfully he took the parcel shelf out

I see Starbucks new drive through at Bloomfields is open now Allan. You’ll be able to do a test run on the new bike to see if the quality is up there.

·
18,475 Posts

There were 10 of us packed into my Dad’s Chrysler Alpine. Thankfully he took the parcel shelf out

I see Starbucks new drive through at Bloomfields is open now Allan. You’ll be able to do a test run on the new bike to see if the quality is up there.

Might do - but my arris is still broke after using the factory fitted option 😕

Anyways - not today - still blowy as a blowy thing, with wet stuff falling out the sky to boot.

·
18,475 Posts
That’s it so , next light of day the bike will see is Gumtree. :p
Feck no - too ages to turn up - a lot of money - and anyways - I found a F.B. saddle.
If the weather improves tomorrow, then I'll be out and about again.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts

just found this peach :

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Cracker!

Just back from Dad's and the bad news is that I now have TPMS Monitoring fault. It's now lost track of the old sensors and isn't happy.
Not sure how long the new ones will take to show up, but I've done a 30 min run down home with with the system in erro, so I'll turn it on after dinner and see if the rest has made it see the light... :(

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
Took the car over to Kerrs and he read off all the wheel transmitters with his magic VDO device. All working ok and on the correct 433MHz frequency.

I don’t know if by reading them they were activated but within a mile of leaving him the Tyre Monitoring Failure message disappeared and the Vehicle Info started showing pressures.

Result!

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
Nice one, Steve.
All Jags with TPMS auto detect the valves. No need for activation, programming or any such interference. No matter what the experienced tyre fitter tells you! Grrrr.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
Nice one, Steve.
All Jags with TPMS auto detect the valves. No need for activation, programming or any such interference. No matter what the experienced tyre fitter tells you! Grrrr.
He did tell me that they should just auto activate John, but who really knows what goes on in Jag software...
I guess I wasn't patient enough!

Reactions: kjsingh

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
When I had my last puncture repaired, it took the car 25 minutes and over 30 miles before it stopped complaining.. and that was with the same sensor.. on the same wheel (without being removed).. on the same corner of the car!... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
That's 'cos you kept it the tyre on the wheel instead of the usual practice of handing it over for peaceful retirement in an environmentalist's garden Pete ;)

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
DPF issues

Last week I got this

I mis-read it as ‘quantity’ and thinking it was low on Adblue I squeezed just short of 10L into the tank yesterday and the warning remained, but re-read it and saw that it was ‘quality’.

Called Jaguar assist this morning and a nice AA man arrived about half an hour later.

He reckons it’s a software issue but has changed the error from a ‘quality’ to ‘dosing’ which he says should clear in 30-40 miles.

If not then it’s off to Jaguar for some sort of a software update.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bad luck Steve :( Hope you get sorted soon.

·
Administrator
27,743 Posts
I seem to recall a JLR service action for a software update to cure this issue.

561 - 580 of 597 Posts