Jaguar Forum banner

521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
that's strange you should have only have the zone, the slot IIRC was under the fog light and boot open buttons

EDIT: just a thought, jaguar might have changed it to a coin slot on FL models
I'll fire you a couple of photos after work .

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
that's strange you should have only have the zone, the slot IIRC was under the fog light and boot open buttons

EDIT: just a thought, jaguar might have changed it to a coin slot on FL models
I definitely had a slot on my facelift.

This from the X250 manual

You can also push the key fob into the slot to start the car. There is some form of RFID built into it.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Steve, I thought they removed the slot when the FL came out?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
So did I Gav, my March 13 car has the newer shaped key not the one in Steve's picture and definitely no slot in the dash.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
My MY12 FL was a July 2011 build, so maybe they were using up parts, as I also had the hidden folding rear seat... :)

·
Super Moderator
11,004 Posts
My MY12 FL was a July 2011 build, so maybe they were using up parts, as I also had the hidden folding rear seat... :)
Same with the MY12 FL Portfolio I had, built September 2011, old style key.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
ah ok so there must have been a transition, but @OCD his is a 2015 model, so I thought it would just be a zone?

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Yeah, last of the best, so lots will have changed I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
:eek: .. Oh Mark!! off to the naughty step for 15 minutes for you then for telling untruth's!!... 🤣

On the other hand.. I now know, having been to check, that I have one of those too.. so you can have your sentence reduced by 50%... :D

Actually.. due to your name I've also discovered that I can't type a capital M by using either of my shift buttons, they work for all other letters though.. so another 50% off... :D

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
Just goes to show that electronics move on.

I guess it's the same with the X260 when they transitioned from SDD to Pathfinder and the electronic gubbins that changed as that happened.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #532 (Edited)
And back to me then... :)

Right Connections have returned my towing module. Well, when I say mine, they've actually just swapped it out for the correct module.
All the trailer lights are now working, so SDD programming is now only required if I want the car to know that the trailer is on.

I cleaned her out and finalised the boot. Stripes are de-rigeour now :D

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I love my Aluminium paddles.. but do miss the phosphor blue glow of the plastic ones...

521 - 538 of 538 Posts