4,525 Posts
That's a blooming good point Gav!! (y)

Job for this afternoon.. if I can find the time that is... :D

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Actually worth checking;
a:) the emergency key is in both fobs (and they’re the same!)
b:) they both work in the lock!
Very good point Gav, especially as the X260 emergency 'blade' is not attached to any part of the keyfob, unlike the X250, which was the keyring loop.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Where does the emergency blade 'live' then Steve?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Was aware of that thanks John. (y) I was referring to Steve's emergency blade.

Just been out to check mine, passenger door worked fine, tailgate didn't. Sure people have commented on this before? Time for some Plusgas methinks.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Just been out to check mine, passenger door worked fine, tailgate didn't. Sure people have commented on this before? Time for some Plusgas methinks.
Mine works on both passenger door and tailgate. Make sure the key is properly seated in the tailgate as due to the tight space it can be sometimes awkward to turn the key.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I suspect (hoping?) it might have seized up and a couple of dousings of Plusgas will convince it of the error of it's ways.. car's done 109,000 miles, I doubt it's ever been used and an lot of crap goes up the back of a sportbrake in the winter.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts

Sorry Pete. I thought it was a naive question coming from someone so switched on. :sneaky:
As it happens, I'd owned my XJ for 4 months before I discovered there wasn't a blade in either key fob that came with the car. Jaguar subsequently supplied them of course. But I've never checked either one in the door. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #509

That or WD-40, XC-90 etc... Let it soak for a few hours.

My key is the same as John's and the blade lives behind the metal cover. I do have one...

·
17,749 Posts
Blooming eck Steve!

You'll be down Bangor Marina Queen's Parade kicking the tunes out like Ravey Davey, showing up the yoofs!

I'll be the bass is literally kicking you in the back.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
Lol, that's the plan Allan, as soon as we're allowed out, I'm there... been practising the stange hand gestures those Yoofs do an' all ;)
Got the 'all four windows down in one shot' off pat now 😜

In other news, the blade key works!

This is the most I've done to any daily driver in many years and, so far, it's worked out fairly well.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Like the "so far" caveat Steve... :D

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
Yeah, there is one more update still to come Pete, but I need tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Yeah, there is one more update still to come Pete, but I need tyres.
Luv a bit of 'Sub'....and that looks a 'bit' :cool:

What about protection for the speakers - just as is Steve??

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
Dan is looking at 3d printing some grilles to protect them Rick, we toyed with turning them to face the seat back, but the box shape doesn't work too well that way round.
Still need to work out the wire routing to them as coming up between the boot floor and the plastic form at the bas of the back seat isn't ideal.

I can't believe how many wires and modules there are dotted around the back seat area, that we've had to avoid damaging in the process of doing the ski-hatch and this.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just on the subject of emergency keys .If the car is double click locked and alarm on what happens if you have to use the emergency key ...does the alarm turn off when the key is used and door/boot is unlocked ?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
If your fob battery has died on the X250, you open it with the key, the alarm goes off and you put the key in the slot in the drivers footwell and the car opens up.
Not sure about the X260.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
If your fob battery has died on the X250, you open it with the key, the alarm goes off and you put the key in the slot in the drivers footwell and the car opens up.
Not sure about the X260.
Yeah, to stop the alarm on classic x250 you need to dock the fob in the slot, on facelift and x260 there's a zone near the steering column where you need to hold the fob next to, to so the same.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Nearly sure i have a framed zone so to speck down the right hand side of the steering wheel and also a key slot .
that's strange you should have only have the zone, the slot IIRC was under the fog light and boot open buttons

EDIT: just a thought, jaguar might have changed it to a coin slot on FL models

501 - 520 of 538 Posts