Jaguar Forum banner

481 - 500 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Those wheels look good enough to lick , lovely Steve .
You’re very welcome to try Conor.

They’ve a good coat of Autoglym non stick protection to stop you leaving saliva marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
After a bit of cutting and fettling the valance is now cut and trimmed.

Nuts arrived for the towbar mounts and got it all bolted up and properly aligned.

Very happy with the result.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Good team effort there chaps.. well done!! (y)

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Thank you gents. I spent an inordinate amount of time on the valance cut and getting them lined up. You can see the adjustment mechanism in the first pic.

Conor, it’s all just plastic clips on the bumper. There are two bolts holding it on underneath in the centre

Two big clips at either side and smaller ones the rest of the way. Start on the big clips and release the outer edges first.

I found that a screwdriver wrapped in tape is the best way to set them out. Push the painted tab, which is part of the bumper, up with the screwdriver blade and pull or push the valance back. It should pop out of each.

Will get a pic later.

·
17,728 Posts
Looks very nice Steve.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh - and some point.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Thanks Allan. It’ll be a while yet by the sound of it....

Conor
Pics as promised

Outer edge

Smaller ones are similar layout.
If you push the tab on the bumper away from the single centre spud it unlocks and can be eased away from the bumper.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
Thanks Allan. It’ll be a while yet by the sound of it....

Conor
Pics as promised

Outer edge

Smaller ones are similar layout.
If you push the tab on the bumper away from the single centre spud it unlocks and can be eased away from the bumper.

Are you now neglecting the MG?!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
Are you now neglecting the MG?!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk
Nope Rick, it’s taxed for the next year and MOT is extended until October. Will be running over the summer when restrictions lift. Just don’t want to get caught with a breakdown!

Applied hit the Midget but rejected as it’s been more that a year since the last one (more like 26...) but Dan is driving it around the house.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Dan wired in the amp and subs yesterday.

It was a damp day, not full on rain. We’d disconnected the battery and checked cable lengths and runs ready to start.

As the rain was on and we were hungry, I closed the bootlid and we went for lunch.

After lunch Dan went out and came straight back in. Couldn’t open the bootlid and so the penny dropped, the lightbulb came on and a few expletives were expelled from my person.

Bugger. Battery.

Thankfully the car was unlocked and after a quick rummage around the engine bay we found the +ve terminal on the driver’s side of the engine. With the help of some jump leads and an old battery in the garage the bout was open again.

At this point I left him to it and two hours later this was the result.

Need to fine tune it a bit, but the extra bass is fabulous.

The Connects2 Line Output Converter on the right of the amp does it’s job very well but seems to turn the amp on when the car is unlocked, perhaps the media system is powered up as the car comes alive, which is triggering the amp.

So I may backtrack and use the switched live that Gav suggested in the Speaker wiring thread instead.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Nice one Steve looks lovely, makes a huge difference doesn’t it?
you could even use your newly implemented ski hatch as a port hole :D
Just a note, you mentioned luckily the car was unlocked, if it was locked you could have used the emergency key on the drivers lock then open the bonnet and proceed as you did with the jump start terminals, phew!
on your second point yeah I think you’re right, the infotainment does power up on unlocking, think it displays the leaper. With the connection I used it only comes live on starting the car I think.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Edit just looked at the photos, looks like they’re ported already!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had a similar experience with battery going dead over the weekend on me x250. Luckily the boot has the option to open with a emergency key :)
I would have thought the x260 would also have the same option?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Disconnected the battery and then closed the boot... Of course I didn't chuckle Steve... well not much anyway... :D

I could so see myself doing the very same, I really could!!.. :rolleyes:

Looks like a nicely executed job boys, well done. (y)

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
Thanks guys.

Gav, yep, I was glad I didn't have to do that first! The boxes are plain MDF sealed ones for th 8" subs. Great value at £25 each and well made. I'll try the ski hatch and see :)

KJ, no key lock on the bootlid now, I did look for that and was dismayed to see there isn't one.

Pete, I don't blame you, looking back I laughed too, once I'd worked out that crowbarring the bootlid open wasn't necessary... ;)

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Actually worth checking;
a:) the emergency key is in both fobs (and they’re the same!)
b:) they both work in the lock!

481 - 500 of 538 Posts