Jaguar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Thank you all.

Got home eventually after sorting a few things for Mrs S.

Gave XF2 a quick wash to get the road salt off. They’ve machine polished it so very little evidence of swirls. Water beads off it beautifully so will try to maintain that.

Drives very well, no tramlining or other wandery nonsense.
Yes it’s a diesel but the engine pulls better than I expected in normal mode. Still have Dynamic, S and S Dynamic yet to play with

Not 100% sure that I’d want to put the Tunit onto this one. May use that to fund extras.

Smooth gear changes, stop/start working well. Pity they haven’t sorted it to stay off when you lift your foot off the brake though.

The InControl is actually pretty good in terms of speed and features. Bluetooth audio is grand, DAB has good choices and doesn’t seem to lose reception as much as the Audi version used to.
Base audio isn’t bad but could probably do with some helip

I’ve the InControl swapped over to my account and the Remote subscription is £36 for the year. Bargain! Just waiting for the shop site to catch up with the My Jaguar site so I can log in and buy it!

A few more pictures for your delictation

If anyone is looking for their WiFi hotspot SIM card it’s under the parcel shelf. I’ll need to find a cheapie SIM for this.

And the important bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Best colour ever 😬😬😬

·
Super Moderator
12,477 Posts
Car looks great Steve, good to know you're pleased with it.

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
Looking very smart Steve, I'd wager you're well pleased?

"Drives very well, no tramlining or other wandery nonsense."

Was your old one prone to that?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Beautiful Steve ...health to drive, thats the colour i would go for .
Liking the strips on the carpets .A meet up at Donnellys would be great .Whats the craic with the Tunit box you talk of ??

Edit ..i see you had a 2.2 which you used this Tunit thingy ma gig on .!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Beautiful Steve ...health to drive, thats the colour i would go for .
Liking the strips on the carpets .A meet up at Donnellys would be great .Whats the craic with the Tunit box you talk of ??

Edit ..i see you had a 2.2 which you used this Tunit thingy ma gig on .!
Thanks Mark. The stripes are a nice touch.

It’s a Tunit v-cr box. I believe it’s generic and suitable connection cables are available from them.

I got the 2.2 map for my car put onto it for £45. It had a Freelander 2.2 map on it originally.

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Glad you like Steve..........and what about the chassis lol

From the pics it looks a very nice example
(Apart from the colour obviously )

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Steve i would recommend scholl S40 finishing polish for that colour .And if you want to hand polish the scholl hand polish sponge pad is great. Got a new pad and a bottle today.

Finger Hand Thumb

Text Diagram Line Parallel Drawing

Sports equipment

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Ooooh, you've settled in well then Mark, helping others spend their money is a compulsory forum trait ;)

I'll have a look into that as my Megs polishes and glazes are probably past their best. I have a DAS 6 DA which may get a bit of action now!

When I took the 20's off XF1 last night, I was quite horrified to see that two of the UniRoyals are on the wear bars and the other two have 2-3mm above them.
I'll be running the 18's while the weather is poor and the coffers are low. It'll give me time to clean and prep the rims.
On that, I've bought some GTechniq C5 to coat them. There is quite a bit of brake dust rust that needs to come off, a few chip and bubble repairs to do, then they need a good polish before sealing.

I haven't begun to test the chassis yet, it's been sub zero and icy here all day, roads in the sun were dry, in the shade, very unpredictable. No point risking it today.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Fresh back from Benners , Riggs has agreed to act as a burn victim whilst I collect money for him outside the local Spar. Naturally all proceeds will be for mods on your new car less a few quid for my time and dressing Riggs up :D

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
I, for some strange reason, 'really' don't want to have images in my head of you dressing Riggs up Conor...

But other forum members are more than welcome to carry on with that thought...... :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Fresh back from Benners , Riggs has agreed to act as a burn victim whilst I collect money for him outside the local Spar. Naturally all proceeds will be for mods on your new car less a few quid for my time and dressing Riggs up :D
Too kind.

181 - 200 of 704 Posts