Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ref an old article about recalls on the XF, here.

Does anyone know how, perhaps with Topix or something else, I could verify if this is either applicable or has been done to my car? Even if it's not a free recall, if I could just gather information as how it's done, what parts to buy etc, I'd be happy to do it myself.

My car is long out of the JLR dealer network, and I got no history when I bought it.

I've read online about a connection on the fuel pump flange mount can suffer from corrosion. This will be my first thing to check. I've also noticed there is a superseded part for the flange mount (new is C2D25076 vs C2Z10550). If anyone knows whether or not the two issues could be connected, I'd love to know.

The car (XFR 5.0 S/C) has on occasion and without warning, just cut-out as per the article description. No warning lights or messages on the dash shown. It tends to happen when coasting up to traffic lights, and it happens so gently you don't even realise it has stopped until you put your foot down and find nothing there...

·
Registered
18,239 Posts
Have you checked / changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No; though if I have to check the connections on the pump, that would be the time to do it. Is it considered a serviceable item nowadays? Can the filter be bought individually or is the way forward to buy it as part of p/n C2D25076 as shown here?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Is that correct that only 16 vehicles were effected?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice the "more details" section on that page. After all, my car doesn't fall in that VIN range.
Nice one! I've been going through those various recalls after you posted it checking vins and wiping my brow each time! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts