Jaguar Forum banner

Xf cracked manifold

21K views 74 replies 14 participants last post by  hamedhbb 
#1 ·
Anyone in Ireland to replace cracked inlet manifold or even rough price to do the job? Was quoted 2,600 by an indy!
I'm guessing that was to do both sides but still...

#57 ·
third party BT devices need a specific permission from apple that is needed to use elm327 as obd2 reader. The way around it using wifi. However the last version of Torque I tried didn’t support wifi. Only BT. So any BT dongle won’t be use with an iPhone or iPad regardless of the software you use. Maybe recent version of Torque pro supports wifi. Haven’t checked. Or maybe there are expensive dongles that can use BT on iPhone.

#63 ·
I just use an obd2 dongle and a free app on my phone. It plots the reading live so I can see how it’s behaving.
For example I have learned there is still a small leak in my intake piping that only lets the air out when boost goes beyond 80kpa. Or just as I mentioned, MAP shouldn’t go beyond 255kpa ever. I haven’t tried SDD yet. I will and report back.

#65 ·
That’s a very good point that didn’t cross my mind! What if it had remap done to it by a previous owner. He didn’t mention anything though.

the effect depends on the remap method. Easiest way of remap is either fool ECM by misreading the MAP at a lower level and making it increase the boost. If I am not wrong they replace the OE sensor with a higher rated one.

Some others change the way ECM Regulates the boost by EGR opening, turbo arm adjustment and IAT.

either way the real measured boost should increase. One will reflect that in MAP reading the other won’t. I have replaced the MAP with OE.

I‘d appreciate to hear from those who has done remap or direct me to a company that do remaps then I can ask them for an opinion.

in the meantime I will think about a way to attach a dial pressure gauge to verify boost readings.

#69 ·
This is territory which I'm not very familiar with, so please excuse my ignorance. I came across this site abs briefly looked at the chart and the >255 readings at higher boost which made me think about remaps.

Thanks. Yes I have seen something similar. I believe the MAP on this engine is 3bar version but don’t understand why code reader doesn’t show anything above 255 unless they didn’t bother allocating another byte for this parameter. Or it never supposed to be allowed to go beyond 255 which means something should be wrong.

#75 ·
I finaly hooked up SDD and I can see when I display MAP it goes up to 255 but when I select boost absolute pressure It can go above that. I didn’t push too hard but I could reach 270kpa at around 2500rpm uphill. I guess MAP is limited by obd2 display standards to one byte so it cannot go beyond 255.
It put my mind in rest a bit that ECM is not blind to MAP over 255 and it is under control. However when I tried to recalibrate air path actuators (egr, throttle, bypass valve, shutoff valve, etc.) it fails the self test after the calibration is done. I need check if they all move freely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.