Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On each headlight there are two 6mm hex adjusters.

I’m pretty sure that the outermost adjusters adjust the height of the beam, and from experimenting last night I think clockwise adjusts the beam downward and anti-clockwise raises the beam up.

Can anyone confirm this? I think on the XF it is clockwise that raises the beam up, so looking for X351 experiences.

And does anyone know what clockwise on the innermost adjuster does to the horizontal, move the beams toward centre or outwards?

Thanks friends.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
I think they have a little symbol on the hex screw surround if you look close enough does it have this? or is it a sticker?

·
Registered
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Be of them has a number 3, and one of them has a number 4.
If you can wait an hour, I'll get one of mine down off the top shelf in the garage and have a look.

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Hi James. Here is the top of the headlight but there are no marks to say which adjuster does what. And the daft thing is that the workshop manual just says to make the adjustment - 1% below horizontal and parallel - but not mention of which is which.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for taking the time to look John. It was the outermost that I turned anti-clockwise a couple of half turns, and those have raised the beam.

I’ll have to have a go against the garage door and try twiddling the inward adjusters.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
lots of good info here James;

Reactions: PeteA and JakeBlade

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Gav.

I do think my beam alignment is completely shot, so I’ve had a couple of tweaks just know trying to undo what I remember I did last time before I fitted the new L.A.S.E.R. bulbs, will try again later, and so it’s just a question of time before I end up at the local Indy to ask them to do it.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Probably a result of fitting the quads the extra power has been known to shatter bulbs during take offs .

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Probably a result of fitting the quads the extra power has been known to shatter bulbs during take offs .
Yup. I had to install the LEDs to cope with the dynamic load at MaxQ. o_O

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
723 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts