Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

This is a quick guide on how to upgrade your Meridian to Meridian Surround on a MY20 facelift Jaguar XE. The only things that are needed are the two or three speakers (depending), the correct amplifier and CCF editing. You need three speakers in total to achieve the upgrade but I already had the central speaker in the dashboard. And you need two more for the rear shelf.

Whilst this guide is aimed at the Jaguar XE Facelift it would also apply to most MY20/MY21 Jaguars. Don't hold me to that, just a hunch.

Requirements:

1) The correct amplifier - Kxxx-19C164-Cx/Lxxx-19C164-Cx
2) Two additional speakers for the rear shelf - BJ32-18808-DC
3) CCF editing
4) InControl Touch Pro(/Duo)

Assumptions:

1) You already have the Meridian Sound System
2) Might only work on the facelift versions of the current Jaguar range i.e MY20/MY21

Notes:

Kxxx-19C164-Ax = Base
Kxxx-19C164-Bx = Meridian
Kxxx-19C164-Cx = Meridian Surround
Kxxx-19C164-Dx = Meridian Signature

Lxxx-19C164-Ax = Base
Lxxx-19C164-Bx = Meridian
Lxxx-19C164-Cx = Meridian Surround
Lxxx-19C164-Dx = Meridian Signature

So, the amplifier I went from was L8D2-19C164-BA and the new amplifier was KX53-19C164-CB. The location of the amplifier is in the left hand side of the boot. Change that over for the new one. Add the new two speakers to the rear parcel shelf. Then edit the CCF to reflect the changes.

CCF Parameters:

EUCD 119 Radio Amp & Speaker System 0x09->0x10 (Audio Premium Sound)
MultiCAN 676 SurroundMode 0x00->0x02 (With 2D Surround Audio)
MultiCAN 648 TelematicsSpkrType 0x02->0x03 (PREMIUM_COAXIAL)

Before:

After:

I will add some photos when I have more time.

Regards,
MoJo88

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
Wow.... interesting - I could possibly add that, BUT I just wouldn't be brave enough to try on a barely year old car

Good effort lol

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

This is a quick guide on how to upgrade your Meridian to Meridian Surround on a MY20 facelift Jaguar XE. The only things that are needed are the two or three speakers (depending), the correct amplifier and CCF editing. You need three speakers in total to achieve the upgrade but I already had the central speaker in the dashboard. And you need two more for the rear shelf.

Whilst this guide is aimed at the Jaguar XE Facelift it would also apply to most MY20/MY21 Jaguars. Don't hold me to that, just a hunch.

Requirements:

1) The correct amplifier - Kxxx-19C164-Cx/Lxxx-19C164-Cx
2) Two additional speakers for the rear shelf - BJ32-18808-DC
3) CCF editing
4) InControl Touch Pro(/Duo)

Assumptions:

1) You already have the Meridian Sound System
2) Might only work on the facelift versions of the current Jaguar range i.e MY20/MY21

Notes:

Kxxx-19C164-Ax = Base
Kxxx-19C164-Bx = Meridian
Kxxx-19C164-Cx = Meridian Surround
Kxxx-19C164-Dx = Meridian Signature

Lxxx-19C164-Ax = Base
Lxxx-19C164-Bx = Meridian
Lxxx-19C164-Cx = Meridian Surround
Lxxx-19C164-Dx = Meridian Signature

So, the amplifier I went from was L8D2-19C164-BA and the new amplifier was KX53-19C164-CB. The location of the amplifier is in the left hand side of the boot. Change that over for the new one. Add the new two speakers to the rear parcel shelf. Then edit the CCF to reflect the changes.

CCF Parameters:

EUCD 119 Radio Amp & Speaker System 0x09->0x10 (Audio Premium Sound)
MultiCAN 676 SurroundMode 0x00->0x02 (With 2D Surround Audio)
MultiCAN 648 TelematicsSpkrType 0x02->0x03 (PREMIUM_COAXIAL)

Before:

View attachment 184878

After:

View attachment 184879

I will add some photos when I have more time.

Regards,
MoJo88
I would be happy to try in my MY18, it seems that Two additional speakers for the rear shelf - BJ32-18808-DC are quite cheap.

How much did you pay for all? How is the sounds vs the previous one?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@R17

Thanks!

@SamC7

Just bare in mind you may need a different amplifier as the one I used was for a facelift (MY20/MY21).

I paid £300 for the amplifier. I got the speakers for free off of a friend.

The sound is very clear. The bass is good too. And obviously the surround capabilities are brilliant. I am still playing around with it but I think I like the Dolby mode better than the Meridian mode.

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
The bass on the Meridian system is fantastic in the XE - had it in both of mine

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well with Meridian system it is already amazing, but I would be curious to have another 2 extra speakers and upgrade it.

My only question is, the amplifier it's 380watt.... you still use the same one? as what do the job isn't just the extra speakers...as the meridian digital has 825watt

Like in my hometheatre, 600 watt 5.1....I can add 2 extra speakers but it will be still 600watt of power, no?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's three extra speakers. I already had one in the dashboard. Maybe because it's a facelift.

Meridian Amplifier = 380w
Meridian Surround Amplifier = 825w

·
Registered
6 Posts
dashboard
I suppose all xe have one on the center (n. 5) but if you see in this picture, in theory, there is none....even if I am quite sure that I have the one in the center as there is the grill (as also in the basic version) and I always suppose the audio go throw that speaker too...I will check later.

I just do not understand as it's written 17 speakers instead 11 when I can see only 3 more in the surround system

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess I am getting a bit more confused after riding this.....it's possibile we do have not 11 but 14 speakers in the meridian system with the ICT Pro..but of course I am not sure

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I don't know about the XE, but some of the speakers could be dual units. For example the mid dash speaker on my ftype surround system is a combined mid plus tweeter unit.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It's a bit of a cheat counting a dual cone as 2 speakers though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The dual tweeter/mid unit I mentioned is two discreet speakers one mounted over the other.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah that's why I get confused, I see the dual cone as 1 unit but now it's totally clear!

I just need to figure out if in my MY18 there is the central speaker or it's empty inside....it would be a pity
It's a bit of a cheat counting a dual cone as 2 speakers though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Just to be clear, they are not "dual cone" speakers, a dual cone speaker is two cones attached to one magnet/driver like this:

The speaker units in question are two separate cones driven by two separate magnet/drivers like this:

Two individual speaker units mounted in one overall housing.

Reactions: SamC7 and Gav

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I just knew an audio aficionado would correct me as soon as I posted "dual cone" 😂 I knew what I meant!

aficionado | əˌfɪsjəˈnɑːdəʊ, əˌfɪʃ(j)əˈnɑːdəʊ | noun (plural aficionados) a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime

Reactions: SamC7

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
I just knew an audio aficionado would correct me as soon as I posted "dual cone" 😂 I knew what I meant!

aficionado | əˌfɪsjəˈnɑːdəʊ, əˌfɪʃ(j)əˈnɑːdəʊ | noun (plural aficionados) a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime
LOL as opposed to an Audiophile, which is what the OP possibly is ;)

An audiophile is a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction. It is widely agreed that reaching this goal is very difficult and that even the best-regarded recording and playback systems rarely, if ever, achieve it

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Dictionary definition of audiophile:

audiophile | ˈɔːdɪə(ʊ)fʌɪl | noun informal a hi-fi enthusiast

I'll let Pete decide which he is :D

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
He's definitely a -phile just not sure which one ;)

sorry Pete

Reactions: SamC7
1 - 20 of 23 Posts