Jaguar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
22” wheels affect the range a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not just the range though Chris, the accuracy of range can be all over the place, driving
like stig daisy will show a decent range, then a few blats of the right pedal later and the range can drop significantly, that was my experience on an extended test drive last September in Marshall’s Demo

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
Zap Map ... he pays people to tech for him!

What he really needs is a Model S Plaid+ with the 500 mile range.
But then, for £130k, you can have something decent, maybe not quite the performance, but a car that is much more of a driving event

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
Just specced one up for me (mid way on most options), just shy of 50k. Silly money.

I think my next step would be a change of main car totally (maybe SUV), and keep the XK for my Jaguar fix & “nice trips”.
Not just the purchase price, but the depreciation is eye watering if you are a private buyer, they try to tell you that you can run them for 5-6p per mile, which Is great, but all you’ve done is increased your outlay to gain an incremental saving on fuel

Reactions: DAVENN and idrobbo

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts
But then, for £130k, you can have something decent, maybe not quite the performance, but a car that is much more of a driving event
Some people just want to get to work & back efficiently, and don’t need every journey to be an “event”.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Its all horses for courses at the moment, leccy cars are not there yet and if your a petrol head, then they won’t be your preferred option.........ever lol
Of course, and I will possibly get leccy for Mrs.R17 next, but as a main longer distance motor for me, no where near yet.....

I have to drive to Glasgow as soon as we are allowed to - I hate stopping for 10mins to fuel up the motor!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,673 Posts
Some people just want to get to work & back efficiently, and don’t need every journey to be an “event”.
Yes, I am aware there are a few boring folk around, but fortunately, they seem to be in the minority on this forum 😁

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,535 Posts
Yes, I am aware there are a few boring folk around, but fortunately, they seem to be in the minority on this forum 😁
we lost one yesterday...

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I guess that’s why you’ve ordered a Model 3 then ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Of course, and I will possibly get leccy for Mrs.R17 next, but as a main longer distance motor for me, no where near yet.....

I have to drive to Glasgow as soon as we are allowed to - I hate stopping for 10mins to fuel up the motor!

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk
You are mad wanting to drive to Glasgow without stopping. I’ve done it to Edinburgh and back in a day and it was a nightmare.

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts
I guess that’s why you’ve ordered a Model 3 then ;)

I'll let you know if 3.1s to 60mph is uneventful.:p

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I'll let you know if 3.1s to 60mph is uneventful.:p
I guess it depends what trim panels fall off when you do it ;)

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts
You are mad wanting to drive to Glasgow without stopping. I’ve done it to Edinburgh and back in a day and it was a nightmare.

Done Inverness to Doncaster non stop (apart from for fuel) in 4 hours 50 minutes in a car with a top speed of just 100mph.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts
I guess it depends what trim panels fall off when you do it ;)

It's the most reliable executive car according to What Car.

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts
....although the 0.6% could be trim panels falling off.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts

They've sorted the paint, squeaks & rattles, but poor panel fit still persists even if it is much improved. There's a Sandy Munro video tearing down a 2021 Model 3 & he's quite scathing about the nearside door fit.

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
They've sorted the paint, squeaks & rattles, but poor panel fit still persists even if it is much improved. There's a Sandy Munro video tearing down a 2021 Model 3 & he's quite scathing about the nearside door fit.
Electric Vehicle Man isn’t too impressed with his either.

·
Administrator
26,882 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
It's concerning that the bottom of that list is packed with premium brands.
Yeah I guess people in glass houses and all that...

101 - 120 of 138 Posts