Jaguar Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
@Onotole , when you activated parking assist , did you find the wiring was already there and so just needed to add 4 additional ultrasonic sensors?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Sam, @Gav has done a very good write up on using SDD software in the how to section.. to get the best/fullest effect, you need to read it to yourself with a good Scottish accent.. ;)

Have a read of some of the posts by @Onotole, he has a wealth of knowledge of all sorts of SDD and adding functions stuff too.

There is a lot of good info on this forum by lots of knowledgeable folk, hopefully we'll be able to help you.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
@Onotole , when you activated parking assist , did you find the wiring was already there and so just needed to add 4 additional ultrasonic sensors?
Have you not done this yet Gav?

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Have you not done this yet Gav?

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk
No not yet mate, need to find out what's needed first.
At the very least is 4 new ultra sonic sensors, but if the wiring is not there I'm not sure I'll bother or I need a new pam etc

Reactions: R17

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
No not yet mate, need to find out what's needed first.
At the very least is 4 new ultra sonic sensors, but if the wiring is not there I'm not sure I'll bother or I need a new pam etc
The car was with external sensor, but park assist was not activated.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
The car was with external sensor, but park assist was not activated.
So had 12 sensors but not activated? I wouldn‘t have though they’d do this from factory?

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Onotole

I am sure your post will be helpful to many other jag owners. Thank you!

My Jag is 17MY XJ(X351). I want to replace the cluster to after 18MY. Because the 17MY cluster cannot display my mother language. I bought used 18MY cluster on eBay. However, I could not use it. The engine did not start. I thought that it is an immobilizer issue. How can did you solve this problem? I tried to looking for the immobilizer on your post, I could not found. If I will change VIN of new(used) cluster, could I use it? Actually, I read your post and bought the XPROG yesterday. :D

(I already had a SDD.)

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts

This chip appears to have VIN information. If I'll move this to a new cluster, can the immobilizer data be moved with it? I bought XProg-M, but I don't know how to move the immobilizer. Anybody have good ideas?

Thanks! 😁

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Why not to reflash 17my dash to 18my firmware? They have all the same hardware.

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why not to reflash 17my dash to 18my firmware? They have all the same hardware.
Thank you for your reply.

I want to use 'Korean(Hangul)' in my cluster. I already updated to latest software my cluster with modified WERS to 18MY. But it still can't display. Does not exists 'Korean(한국어)' on language select menu. Of course, 18MY and after can display.

According to the information I got from another forum, there is a problem with the root(?) software. They said, SDD cannot be modified and I have to change cluster.

I got hope from your post. I disassembled 18MY cluster, it was a PCB that was too similar to the photo you posted. The chip location is the same, so I think I can modify the VIN if I'll get XProg.

By the way, I'm not sure how Immo can handle it. The biggest problem is that this is a used cluster. It was too late to know that the first job to do is to remove the keys registered in this cluster.

Can I ask for help from you? If I have to some pay, of course I can.

I bought an XPROG 5.86 and some equipment for this job. I also have a genuine Mongoose cable and the latest SDD.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
17my is sdd car, 18my is pathfinder... maybe there are another differences in firmware . PM you, will try to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ciao, mi chiamo Max e di recente ho acquistato una Xf R-sport e-performance.
Ho anche acquistato il cavo mangoose e SDD ma non riesco a trovare i codici per attivare la modalità ingegnere.
Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
Grazie

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
ciao, mi chiamo Max e di recente ho acquistato una Xf R-sport e-performance.
Ho anche acquistato il cavo mangoose e SDD ma non riesco a trovare i codici per attivare la modalità ingegnere.
Qualcuno può aiutarmi?
Grazie
Ciao Max, utilizzo questo sito web Jlr Sdd | vehcom.com
Consente due o tre rotazioni gratuite al giorno

·
Registered
11,398 Posts

·
Registered
11,398 Posts