Jaguar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I like that.
Brilliant, but why do the Km readings not match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,258 Posts
I like that.
Well spotted. I wonder if the kilometres come with the binnacle. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well spotted Steve :) Looks like new retrofit along with mileage correction o_O :LOL:;)

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Well spotted. I wonder if the kilometres come with the binnacle. ;)
Pretty sure that the binnacle has a lot more to do with the running of the car than you'd at first imagine. Security and all sorts incl. starting...

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
Wow wow wow , we need a write up Onotole, looks great

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
1. Car will not start with foreign dash. Even ignition not turned on. I adapted new (used dash) to car with sdd.
2. Mileage written in dash. Change dash - change mileage. It was first try, so i didn’t edit it. Now it done. I disassembled dash and connected to programmer, edit mileage bytes and now it’s ok. Also edit vin number in dash to match car.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Onotole, was there much involved in doing this? I’m on the velar forum and someone over there was interested in doing this.
If the dash is new,or you don’t need to change mileage, it’s not difficult. You need just sdd (16-17MY) or pathfinder (18MY and newer) software with cable.

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,621 Posts
1. Car will not start with foreign dash. Even ignition not turned on. I adapted new (used dash) to car with sdd.
2. Mileage written in dash. Change dash - change mileage. It was first try, so i didn’t edit it. Now it done. I disassembled dash and connected to programmer, edit mileage bites and now it’s ok. Also edit vin number in dash to match car. View attachment 182281
I didn’t know old-fashioned methods still work on a modern car👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I didn’t know old-fashioned methods still work on a modern car👍🏻👍🏻
Dump structure and mileage encryption was not changed from first xf’s.

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
19,677 Posts
Is it possible to change the central speedmeter graphic from mph to kmh ?
This is a feature I'd like to see as well when I cross the border.

I'd also like to see the HUD display change from MPH to KPH.
It will show you the speed limit in KPH, but still display your actual speed in MPH.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Speed limits (traffic sign assist) in kmh/mph changes automatically by navigation. You can’t change it manually. Mph/kmh on speedometer/odometer you can change in menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can’t thank enough to Onotole. He enabled all the options that he can on Jag. Very knowledgeable and one thing not to forget, he was very patient. I had so many questions and he answered them patiently even though some questions are dumb🤣 on my part. But he’s the best and I can’t thank enough. He even helped me understand on how to do it and go through the options that are available.
Thank you very much once again Onotole. Really appreciate all your help!!!!!!!!😃

Attachments

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
Yes I agree very helpful and such an asset to this forum

Reactions: PeteA and stueboy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
And here is my own jag x260. It’s 2.0t petrol (ford ecoboost) with led lights, meridian, incontrol touch pro. Already activate myself line keep assist, traffic sign recognition, apple car play, frameless interior mirror. Wish to install adaptive cruise first.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Nicely done Onotole.. Well done.. and the car looks lovely!!..:cool:

·
19,677 Posts
And here is my own jag x260. It’s 2.0t petrol (ford ecoboost) with led lights, meridian, incontrol touch pro. Already activate myself line keep assist, traffic sign recognition, apple car play, frameless interior mirror. Wish to install adaptive cruise first. View attachment 185115
Cat at home in the snow. What's not to like?😀

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Have installed TFT dash to 16MY Jag XE... It was not easy, not all functions OK, but it works) 17MY XE and newer - no problems to install.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts