Jaguar Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
So my unit came yesterday and was promptly installed :D Everything works as it should and am really happy with the result.
The one thing I did notice is that there is no issue with the Aux connection as some have mentioned, the sound is crystal clear with no hissing :D Even plugged my Dension USB+U in the USB Socket so I can even hear DAB+ Radio if wanted.
So all in all felling like a kid with a new toy ;)
You are the lucky one :) Just as a matter of curiosity which version XF do you have and which audio system? And if you unplug the cable from your aux is it still quiet as a mouse or do you hear "noises" then ?:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
She's one of the first MY2012 from july 2011. She's a PL with the basic sound system, but does the job. Totally silent with the aux in and out🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
214 Posts
So I've just done a night drive and noticed that android auto doesn't go into night mode which is really annoying :(
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just a heads up, the Joyauto price from 23rd November will be £327.60 shipped by DHL: DHL
Alternatively it can be bought for £315.94 to £332.80 and shipped by UPS and again from 23rd November : UPS

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a heads up, the Joyauto price from 23rd November will be £327.60 shipped by DHL: DHL
Alternatively it can be bought for £315.94 to £332.80 and shipped by UPS and again from 23rd November : UPS
Good spot. I see the £327 is via AliExpress. Don't forget the various vouchers that keep popping up on the site, there might be a ~£15 that can be used.

Paid for mine last Thursday using the free 'DHL' option, should be here Friday actually via FedEx as per one of the posts above. My Topcashback tracked as the expected £ amount even though I paid in dollars with a fee free card for the better exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good spot. I see the £327 is via AliExpress. Don't forget the various vouchers that keep popping up on the site, there might be a ~£15 that can be used.

Paid for mine last Thursday using the free 'DHL' option, should be here Friday actually via FedEx as per one of the posts above. My Topcashback tracked as the expected £ amount even though I paid in dollars with a fee free card for the better exchange rate.

Not long to go and looks as if you could have it operational over the weekend. Could you let us know if you end up paying duty.
I'll probably order one on or shortly after the 23 rd but I'm not too sure from whom hence the above ask. I've used Ali Express a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever albeit things can take a while to arrive but not a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I've just done a night drive and noticed that android auto doesn't go into night mode which is really annoying :(
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Hi have you tried develepoers options? Enable developer mode in android auto settings and try setting it down to dark mode and see if it works for you... Ive tried myself and it seems like nothing is happening but maybe you are using different phone to mine (s10e) and maybe it will work for you...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not long to go and looks as if you could have it operational over the weekend. Could you let us know if you end up paying duty.
I'll probably order one on or shortly after the 23 rd but I'm not too sure from whom hence the above ask. I've used Ali Express a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever albeit things can take a while to arrive but not a deal breaker for me.
Mine is still in China. I believe that FedEx tend to deliver then ask for the duty later, so I might have no way of knowing what I'll eventually pay by then.

I did buy from the store with next week's price around 322. This did seem to be the official Joyeauto store; the other outlet has very similar pages but did look like a third party.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mine should be arriving by FedEx Wednesday 4th and so essentially a week and a day from ordering. Tried to order on Alibaba but their site kept baulking at my Mastercard. Tried numerous times and eventually gave up and ordered via AliExpress. Got to say I had very attentive service and those few questions I did have were answered in a flash.
During my research I acquired the attached "wiring" diagram and also got it confirmed that XF's with a BOSCH head unit need the Joyeauto WJLR-2 unit. I also picked up on the fact that price may well be negotiable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The Bosch unit as fitted to the facelift car I assume? Still not finding anything for the earlier pre-facelift :confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Afraid so John, I'm not so sure anything similar exists for earlier cars. Certainly as I trawled around I didn't spot any likely candidates.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts