Jaguar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
"I immediately dismantled it to see what’s inside: ".. :LOL: Good man!!.. (y)

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Good man! This mod looks more and more appealing. Let us know how it worked in practice after tomorrow's longer journey.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Let me know if there’s any particular functionality you want me to check and I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Love it.

That scratch should polish out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Let me know if there’s any particular functionality you want me to check and I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

How does the hey Siri stuff work? Sending messages, getting it to read them out etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
This should fit a MY2012 facelift unless you have a satnav dvd drive in boot.
Sorry, my English is not so good . So you mean it should fit if you’ve dvd driver and satnav option on the screen ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
If you have the DVD in the boot, do not buy it

You have to have the sat nav hard drive which is from the face-lift only

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
No Fabio, he is saying it will not work if you have a DVD satnav in the boot.

(Got delayed in hitting the post button by watching the Cornwall air ambulance flying around our place, by the time I got back to the computer Jordan had already answered... )

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you !!
Looking on google i understood. There are 2 versions . One with dvd driver on the boot used for load satnav dvd) close to the amp and the other, like mine, without .

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
So some notes from today’s outing:

1) screen contrast really doesn’t work for Apple Maps or Google Maps default colour profiles. Can see the road names but not the actual streets. Not sure if there’s some setting on the hidden menu on the HU I can play with to improve, that’s on my list.

2) colour profile on Apple maps can’t be changed, google maps can. Prefer google.

3) Waze is a much better app but doesn’t appear in the CarPlay Dashboard. Google does. Prefer google.

4) phone connects to car audio instead of CarPlay audio. That works, but then Siri is a disaster. Have to manually change on phone which is a minor irritant.

5) can disable car Bluetooth altogether. Everything works but no steering wheel phone control and more annoyingly the Joyeauto native microphone/speaker combo doesn’t echo cancel, so the other end of your phone call gets annoyed.

The best compromise I found so far is to make sure phone is on the CarPlay thing for audio, but the car for phone calls. The trade off is that Siri is too clunky, but you retain steering wheel button control for phone calls.

Google maps is far better than the built in sat nav.

I had one incident where I’d been messing around with Bluetooth on my phone and had to faf to fix it.

Completely unrelated, but I also nearly stacked in into the central reservation on the M4 coming out of the 50 section as the kick-down sent the rear end into a mind of its own. I decided that’s the end of my stupid Dunlop’s, so have promptly ordered some MP4S. They’ll get fitted this week.

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Waze should appear on CarPlay. It does on every other car I’ve used and I can’t see why JoyAuto would hide it. Have you checked the CarPlay settings where you can change the layout?

·
Super Moderator
20,102 Posts
Waze should appear on CarPlay. It does on every other car I’ve used and I can’t see why JoyAuto would hide it. Have you checked the CarPlay settings where you can change the layout?

Quite, Joyauto is another brand name of the company making the Carlinkit wireless dongle and Waze shows up on the dongle so no reason it shouldn’t show on yours.

What appears in Carplay is controlled by your phone not the receiver.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hmm I guess I’m not explaining well. Let’s see if a picture tells the story better.

Waze is here:

But then you go to dashboard and the nav section gets replaced with either of Google or Apple. Google in this case. And because it’s a different app it doesn’t have navigation info etc. You still get turn by turn voice notifications, but the map is not from Waze:

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Hmm I guess I’m not explaining well. Let’s see if a picture tells the story better.

Waze is here:

But then you go to dashboard and the nav section gets replaced with either of Google or Apple. Google in this case. And because it’s a different app it doesn’t have navigation info etc. You still get turn by turn voice notifications, but the map is not from Waze:

Waze just need to update their app. They are owned by Google now so only a matter of time.

I’m a beta tester for Waze but I don’t have a CarPlay car to test it with.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Looks good, I hope you can beta test everything for us on here! Can you show a picture of the original facelift menu system, as I think I read you can switch back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,102 Posts
I don’t think you can select Waze as the default nav yet

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks good, I hope you can beta test everything for us on here! Can you show a picture of the original facelift menu system, as I think I read you can switch back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes you can switch back.

If you take a look at the installation video on YouTube you’ll see how it works. It simply replaces the input to the HU from the navigation system. When you select sat nav mode it switches to Joyeauto instead of nav.

It’s honestly not the most slick integration you’ve ever seen, but it’s far from a disaster either.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts