Jaguar Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
You might just get away with that and if you do can you share the supplier detail. The attached shows my mag holder which does allow the cubby hole lid to close. Took a little trial and error to correctly locate but works a treat.
View attachment 184053
That's the exact same mag holder i have except I stuck the mag safe charger to it (idea from another thread), and then my phone sticks on that.

I suspect I won't be able to close the lid with the mag safe thing attached, but will try

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's the exact same mag holder i have except I stuck the mag safe charger to it (idea from another thread), and then my phone sticks on that.

I suspect I won't be able to close the lid with the mag safe thing attached, but will try
I bought a tray for the arm rest cubby and attached a bare wireless charging circuit board to its underside. Charges up phones of a certain size but of course the phone is out of sight and not particularly accessible.

·
Registered
274 Posts
News everybody.....seems like there is a unit available for the pre-facelift looking at the pictures, although the year range is wrong. Carlos will get his unit delivered soon, so we can see if it all works out!!

Looks like there is a problem with this device, which isn't too much of a surprise I guess. Sounds very dodgy, but hopefully it will get sorted out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just read the relevant posts and this seems to mirror Hilton's experience where the supplier claimed whatever they thought the buyer wanted to hear. Additionally it would seem they made up fake photographs of the unit working on a pre-facelift to substantiate their dubious claims. I'd be wary of this would be supplier.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This is the link to Hilton's research when he tried to source an Android Auto unit for his pre facelift car. His view then was that the advertised unit was/is not a solution and there appeared to be some, shall we say, photographic creativity within the ad.
THE VIDEO

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks very dodgy, 2 blokes pushing random buttons and a screen not responding, so they move the camera away. Only $1000 to FU your car seems like a bargain. I'm out.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts