Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,118 Posts
Well somebody has made a unit for the pre-facelift x250
Who's going to be the first to try it out??

Doesn’t say if it maintains the original functionality of the display unit. If it doesn’t the units that fit x250 start from £30.

this sounds more attractive to me:

·
18,857 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The carplay will not work in the early x250
If a system can support both pre-facelift and and facelift, it is a complete replacement and I am wondering if it can use existing amplifier or other functionalities.
The only way is they splice into lcd and maintain the original unit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the screens shows a tag with "original" on it, I assume that shows the car controls??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Doesn’t say if it maintains the original functionality of the display unit. If it doesn’t the units that fit x250 start from £30.

this sounds more attractive to me:
I've just been looking at this and there's even a link on YouTube with someone actually doing a full installation :D here's the link:
He's a Brummi who now lives in the Sates :p

Here's the link to their website (UK Firm)

If my TV hadn't just died I'd have bought one ;)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It’s the same one that I shared. John says it won’t fit prefacelifts

·
Super Moderator
27,342 Posts
It’s the same one that I shared. John says it won’t fit prefacelifts
The pre-facelifts use a different system and I don’t believe they have the right video inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The website that sells the carplay state that it won't fit the pre-facelifr as it has the Denso unit in I believe!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The pre-facelifts use a different system and I don’t believe they have the right video inputs.

Do you think they use video inputs? Like the front camera?

·
Super Moderator
27,342 Posts
Do you think they use video inputs? Like the front camera?
I believe that’s part of how they work, yes. The one I was looking at, from Unique, takes over the satnav input but I vaguely remember it mentioning audio/video inputs.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I believe that’s part of how they work, yes. The one I was looking at, from Unique, takes over the satnav input but I vaguely remember it mentioning audio/video inputs.

In video he uses phone button. I don’t know how they can take control of the display other than opening the display unit. There are Raspberry Pi shields that can drive these displays just like an adapter. The rest is very easy.
Like this:

·
Super Moderator
27,342 Posts
In video he uses phone button. I don’t know how they can take control of the display other than opening the display module.

Which one are you referring to?

The Unique AD ones uses a piggy back harness I believe. It’s the JoyAuto unit from Aliexpress.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Which one are you referring to?

The Unique AD ones uses a piggy back harness I believe. It’s the JoyAuto unit from Aliexpress.

The one in post #2

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It used the navigation menu.

You are right. I though the connection HU and display unit is data connection. or maybe they replicate the map real time. I noticed the next track button on steering wheel doesn’t work. Just audio volume button works.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is copied from the site........
Facelift model Mk1 Jaguar XF with 7″ Bosch infotainment system (2011-2015 X250). Not compatible with earlier mark 1 XF with Denso system or Mk2 XF.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts