Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to paint my calipers today so went to get wrench and Jack out of boot and nothing there, I only got the car in November and didn't think to check on these bits, it's got the type re inflation kit so wasn't sure if it was meant to not have wrench and Jack.
Was the wrench and Jack standard or an optional extra?

Kind regards

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
As far as I remember, you get either a tyre inflation kit or jack, spare and wrench. Depended on the model. For example if you have TPMS, you get a spare, Jack and wrench. Tyre goo ruins the TPMS valves. There is also two different spares, with a larger one for 20" wheels (like on my XFR).

As for using the provided jack to do any work on he car, I wouldn't. Plenty of decent hydraulic jacks (make sure low entry) that are much safer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Interesting, I’ve a tyre inflation repair kit with TPMS on the X260.

There’s nothing on the TPMS valve that can be damaged by the goo as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,840 Posts
Interesting, I’ve a tyre inflation repair kit with TPMS on the X260.

There’s nothing on the TPMS valve that can be damaged by the goo as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly this

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sorry Darren but i don't understand folk that get a new car and don't do the basic checks .
Can't remember if it was here or jag FB but there was someone who got a puncture and went to get the spare from the boot ...you guessed it ..the spare was missing, and yes it was supposed to have one .
Hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
There is a hole on the TPMS valve for it to measure the internal pressure. I believe that it can get blocked by the goo. It may be different for x260.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
As above.......at least on Toyotas as no experience of Jaguar valves thus far, but are exactly same as photo. All else apart, there are still lots of tyre repairers who will not repair a gunked up tyre as it takes much longer to both clean the crud off, then locate the puncture hole.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If the car doesnae have the spare wheel you don’t get wrench nor jack.

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
If the car doesnae have the spare wheel you don’t get wrench nor jack.
Yep, Mrs.R17 didn't get anything with her new Honda

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Darren but i don't understand folk that get a new car and don't do the basic checks .
Can't remember if it was here or jag FB but there was someone who got a puncture and went to get the spare from the boot ...you guessed it ..the spare was missing, and yes it was supposed to have one .
Hope you get sorted.
I've purchased a trolley Jack to do any future work. I've purchased many cars over the years, used to do all my own servicing and happy to do work on my older cars, used to be very critical when buying a car but as this was only couple years old and from a jaguar dealer I just assumed things like that would be okay, obviously in this case it doesn't require lack due to having liquid.
Many thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've purchased a trolley Jack to do any future work. I've purchased many cars over the years, used to do all my own servicing and happy to do work on my older cars, used to be very critical when buying a car but as this was only couple years old and from a jaguar dealer I just assumed things like that would be okay, obviously in this case it doesn't require lack due to having liquid.
Many thanks
I always assume all dealers are dickheads until they prove me wrong !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts