Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2010 XF (60 plate) 3.0 Diesel. the wood trim is ok but having seen them piano black they look a lot more modern & sporty...

I have two questions before i move forward with this:

1. i am told by a car body guy that their paints are made to adhere to metal or plastic so on wood is risky.... has anyone sprayed theirs & did it last?

2. I am also considering the vinyl wrap option but am concerned the touch sensitive glove box release may be affected & not work... so has anyone else gone down the vinyl wrap approach?

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
Welcome Ielstacey.

I would look at hydrographics. A company called Garnish Dip or a Wicked Coatings can do it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
20,462 Posts
Lelstacey, welcome here pleased you followed the invite.

Start a thread on your car to tell us more. There is a wealth of information here which no doubt help you and loads of members willing to assist if they can.

I haven't had any dipping done by Garnishdip but they have done other work for me. I can recommend them as a company.

·
Executive Member
3,188 Posts
If you don't go the dipping route, then you need to go to a car dash/ trim refurbisher. Car body painters are not right for wood trim work as they have rightly said.

Same way you would not take your car to a piano repairer/restorer to spray....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.... I'm now thinking Vinyl Wrap is the safest way to go :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Painted mine nearly 2 years ago... It's been fine :) had to vinyl wrap the bit under the gear selector as I couldn't remove it... Use an etch primer and you will be fine!

·
Super Moderator
30,205 Posts
There is a seller on eBay that advertises Piano Black Trim for the XF, the price includes fitting too :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saw that trim but at £400 not cheap.... wrapping or spraying is under half that

·
Super Moderator
30,205 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·