Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone , my name is Joe and I’m new to the forum . I have a couple of questions . My drivers rear window on the drivers side won’t open from the main front panel , the wing mirrors don’t close when you lock the car and the rear drivers door doesn’t lock with the central locking. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix the problem guys

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not all cars have folding mirrors.
Common problem for the locks to fail, you can get a new actuator online.
The cables on the window regulator can rust & fail, you can get a repair kit or a new complete regulator.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Welcome Joe
What model of Jag have you got? That'll help massively when trying to diagonse yout issues.

Will the rear drivers window open from the switch on the rear door?
Rear door and window modules are a weak point on the X250 (2008-2015) and I've had a door lock failure on my X260 (2016>)

On the X250, you can manually lock the door, so that'll keep the car safe while you sort it out, on the X260, there is no manual override (as far as I'm aware).

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
And my question: Will the door mirrors fold in when you press the two buttons on the driver' door panel (the one with the window switches).
Welcome to the forum BTW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys , thanks for your comments . I have a 2010 XF deluxe model if that’s any help . The mirrors did fold on locking the car but the rear window won’t open now from the drivers door now . Appreciate your comments guys 👍🏼

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hello & welcome. Apart from sound advice above, check the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you have power folding mirrors you can set it to fold or not when you lock. It’s under system menu I think.
if you follow John’s advice and it works, then it’s the setting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts