·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
Polo owner have insurance?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
That must be gutting to see your car like that :( I'd be devastated.

Hopefully the following processes are quick and painless enough and you can get on with sourcing a replacement quickly :)

David.

·
Firm Rampant Member
23,116 Posts
It won't buff out but I suspect a recently joined US member might buy it off you.
What a terrible thing to happen.
I hope you have had the time to remove your own personal items

Engine
Seats
Infotainment system
Batteries
Etc.

• Love
Reactions: sandmaennle

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It won't buff out but I suspect a recently joined US member might buy it off you.
What a terrible thing to happen.
I hope you have had the time to remove your own personal items

Engine
Seats
Infotainment system
Batteries
Etc.
Haha

I thought about taking off the spires stage 2, but I couldn’t get a jack under it earlier….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ouch!!! That is horrendous and I really feel for you.
Let's hope the insurance company don't find too many reasons why they won't pay out and all gets settled quickly.
One thing I did notice from the last couple of pics is the beautiful VW dent embedded in your door.

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,313 Posts
Wow, great no one was injured. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Damn!

On another note, if you get a "buy it back" price from the insurers and want to make a little money on top, I'd be happy to have talks about purchasing it from you.
For sure I will let you know - though I am toying with that myself. Will DM you when I know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Damn!

On another note, if you get a "buy it back" price from the insurers and want to make a little money on top, I'd be happy to have talks about purchasing it from you.
Highly doubtful the insurers will offer a buy it back, they normally insist on every part going to scrap in this situation.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
In every situation where friends/family have been paid out for a car, they've always been offered the car back. Just happened last week to a friend of mine.
See how it goes. I was under the impression if there was chassis damage then the car is a total loss and the car must be scrapped to ensure nothing ends up back on the road again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
See how it goes. I was under the impression if there was chassis damage then the car is a total loss and the car must be scrapped to ensure nothing ends up back on the road again.
Ahh, you're thinking of Category B. If so, then that would be the case. These cannot be put back on the roads in the UK. Strictly break for spares or export.

There is also Category N (non-structural damage) and Category S (structural damage). Both of which can be repaired and driven again.

I guess it all comes down to the assessor and his assessment on the day :)

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Ahh, you're thinking of Category B. If so, then that would be the case. These cannot be put back on the roads in the UK. Strictly break for spares or export.

There is also Category N (non-structural damage) and Category S (structural damage). Both of which can be repaired and driven again.

I guess it all comes down to the assessor and his assessment on the day :)
Is a cat b available for buy back then? I'm guessing not as it essentially means that the insurers are trusting the person who's bought it, to not put it back on the road. I know it's not going to happen in this circumstance, but there will be cases where it's less obvious there's been significant chassis damage.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is a cat b available for buy back then? I'm guessing not as it essentially means that the insurers are trusting the person who's bought it, to not put it back on the road. I know it's not going to happen in this circumstance, but there will be cases where it's less obvious there's been significant chassis damage.
No, not by the general public. It has to go to a vehicle dismantlers who have the necessary permits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure what is worse: the damage to the car, or the pavement weeds.

Glad nobody was hurt, but what a pain in the arpse.
You should write to the owner of the Polo saying that following the accident of which you hold him entirely responsible. This letter is to inform you I will be reclaiming all my unsure losses. Would surggest you pass a copy of this letter to your insurance company for there attention.

if you have to hire a car or other means of transport until claim is made or polo owner ends up not insured you can go after him in court for your losses (hope this helps )

21 - 38 of 38 Posts