Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Ah man that sucks!! Very very sorry for you DS, hope the insurance pay out is full, quick and painless.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ouch! That is a sad sight. How did they manage to do that? Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
The driver of the polo thought it “wasn’t obvious that the road ended”
When will they be returning to their own planet?.. Soon I hope!

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,871 Posts
Jeez, that sucks :( are you planning on getting another?

·
Administrator
31,918 Posts
Another nice car destined for the scrappies, sadly.

Hope the insurance payout is sensible.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Curious question: my insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks. Ok the basis I don’t actually have a car to drive, do I need to maintain the policy? Am thinking I probably do until the claim process is complete. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Ouch! Glad no one was hurt but such a waste of a really nice XFR. I feel for you and would be in tears if that happened to mine.

Reactions: MyIRRCat

·
Administrator
30,511 Posts
Curious question: my insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks. Ok the basis I don’t actually have a car to drive, do I need to maintain the policy? Am thinking I probably do until the claim process is complete. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can’t maintain the policy unless you have a vehicle to cover… which you don’t because that’s as written off as you can get.

The only instance which would enable you to continue the policy would be provision of a courtesy car that required you to insure it.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
I certainly wouldn't be cancelling the policy at this stage, and if it is due to expire shortly, just leave it to do so. There is nothing to prevent having the policy continue, the car exists still and if there's loan cars then will be used to cover them. Once the policy expires, your no claims discount will increase by one year and you'll receive your proof of entitlement. This is valid for the next two years so in the interim, if there's no car to cover, you don't need a continuing policy to retain your NCD. You may find your NCD is "paused" while this claim is active, so any renewal policy will be at zero NCD, I have had this happen to me and I instructed my legal cover to recover my additional insurance costs from the 3rd party, which after much argument, was paid.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
OMG, what a horrible thing to happen to an XFR!!! Such a sad waste of a brilliant car. I would be devastated if that happened to mine.

Best of luck with your Insurance and replacement search.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts