Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually fresh air enters a car somewhere near the bottom of the front windscreen. I cant see any intake anywhere on the XF.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but where on the car is that? Could it be sucking air from the inner wing area?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't see where tge intake is. I am getting exhaust fumes sucked in when first started. I suspect a leaking gasket joint from jlr replacing the O2 sensor and 3 gaskets. If the intake is in the engine bay that doesnt seem clever.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
80 Posts
Ait intake is in the engine bay. And on the positive note if it wasn’t there, you wouldn’t have known you have a leaky gasket

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,041 Posts
Usually fresh air enters a car somewhere near the bottom of the front windscreen. I cant see any intake anywhere on the XF.
Why do you need it? If it’s to replace the cabin filter, just search on youtube.
It’s behind glovebox with an access from foot well.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
Is that diagram for the x260?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the second attempt at finding my source of exhaust fumes in the cabin, especially on starting, jlr found it. They blew smoke into the intake and also up the exhaust tail pipe with the other sealed. Tech I got to speak to confirmed it was pouring out a joint by the cat and scr at the front. He explained one pipe had a boss on it that should engage with a slot in the connecting pipe. Muppet who refitted it after changing the O2 sensor had clamped it up without it being engaged in the slot, so not sealing properly. I had asked it checked when serviced a couple of months back but they said no problems were found. Obviously they didn't check properly. I had kept smelling it and had to eventually insist that I could also definitely smell fumes at the back of the passenger side engine bay with the engine running and bonnet open.

Some other evidence of sloppy standards these days on some other issues I spotted too Shouldn't be happening at nearly two hundred quid an hour for labour at jlr prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts