Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad isn’t it?

Refreshes don’t count, so it’s 2018 with the I-Pace. Shocking really.

I think they’ll die a natural death unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
This is why I feel they should have released the XJ EV. Keep momentum and interest going. Nothing will be released now until 2024 at the earliest.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They’ll lose their market.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Was chatting to my brother about Honda this afternoon and they aren't much better especially when compared to the Germans. I thought Volvo had more but on looking not a huge amount of new stuff.

I find Honest John is quite good for getting a quick overview of models and years.

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Toyota don’t have any EV’s, except as Lexus. They do have a model coming out soon but considering how long they have done hybrids you would think they would have been at the forefront. VAG seem to be on the ball.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Toyota don’t have any EV’s, except as Lexus. They do have a model coming out soon but considering how long they have done hybrids you would think they would have been at the forefront. VAG seem to be on the ball.
That’s because Toyota refused to believe EV was the next step. They bet of hydrogen but the tech is still too far away at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 XF 2.2 Luxury Sportbrake, 2014 XFR-S Sportbrake (Jekyll and Hyde)
13 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jaguar tie in with someone like Nio, one brings the marque the other the tech, both mid to higher end of market.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Whatever happened to that Jaguar/BMW partnership thingy I'm sure I remember was a possibility?

·
Administrator
27,996 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jaguar tie in with someone like Nio, one brings the marque the other the tech, both mid to higher end of market.
Tesla should buy Jaguar. Tesla do the powertrain & Jaguar do the interior & chassis.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tesla should buy Jaguar. Tesla do the powertrain & Jaguar do the interior & chassis.
Not sure a combination of those names will tempt buyers 🤣

Jagusler?
Tesuar?

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
What about:
Jagula
Teslar

Reactions: Ianf

·
Registered
694 Posts
Why on earth would Tesla buy Jaguar, though I do agree it would be good for Jaguar - not for Tesla though.
Jaguar is just one of those companies that without other manufacturers help cant make a decent car - they have always been a Red Robbo company, lazy and without doubt backward thinking (You just cant take the BLMC out of the company) - they produce a new model then keep it that way until they cant sell the model anymore. Without BMW or the Ford years Jaguar would simply be another blast from the past marque.
Don't get me wrong, i loved my XF - back in 2009 but cars have moved on - Jaguar have moved backwards. Jaguar as a company should be laid to rest.

·
Administrator
27,996 Posts
I can’t actually remember the last time a forum member took delivery of a new Jaguar. Was it Mattia’s iPace? :unsure:

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Possibly

We got our F-Pace at the start of 2020 and I think there was an SVR after that.

It’ll be 2024 before we get the next new Jag, but who knows what that might be.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
Rusk’s F-Pace SVR. My I-PACE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I do think it is sad they haven't jumped onto the EV side so much since the I-Pace has been good and got them some good press. I love my SVR and the new interiors on the face lift models are vastly superior so they have done what they needed and upped their luxury game.

I think I'll be heading away from Jag next though. Currently looking at a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo and very tempted to move over.

·
Super Moderator
30,532 Posts
I do think it is sad they haven't jumped onto the EV side so much since the I-Pace has been good and got them some good press. I love my SVR and the new interiors on the face lift models are vastly superior so they have done what they needed and upped their luxury game.

I think I'll be heading away from Jag next though. Currently looking at a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo and very tempted to move over.

The Taycan is actually a Porsche I like. Base model is a similar price to the I-PACE but one you start adding options it'll be £100k before you know it.

The I-PACE is a great car, but announcing you are going EV only then having a 6 year gap between EV models is kind of worrying. The MHEVs and PHEVs don't get a particularly good write up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts