Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Weld repair?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure yet. The pipe looks to be cracked under the hole too. Now I鈥檝e got it all off the car, worst case scenario is replacing the aluminium with a silicon hose and tie it to the side.

Going to have a look and see if I can find one being broken.

David.

Registered
Battery powered superhero
Fabricate and weld a patch over the hole, like an elbow patch on a vintage sports jacket? If you have aluminium welding capabilities.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We do鈥 however, they seem to be a fairly common point of failure as the cars are aging so I鈥檓 giving thought to removing them and replacing them with rubber at the moment. I reckon I can route them well enough to stop the rubber kinking.

David.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Whilst waiting on the parts to sort the cooling system put back together I decided to try and find the power steering fluid leak. Unfortunately, it鈥檚 not a rubber pipe, it鈥檚 an aluminium pipe - again! It鈥檚 also one that is part of the oil cooler this time which resulted in a fairly major strip down!

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Vehicle

You can see the oil cooler in the middle of the condenser. Condenser isn鈥檛 in great shape either but it鈥檚 not my car so I鈥檓 not going quite as far in as I did with mine!

Gesture Finger Wood Bumper Thumb

Found the leak just by blowing through it when it was off the car.

A new one is 拢250 but they鈥檙e showing as out of stock at most places online including the official LR Classic Parts website. 馃槱 Looks like I鈥檝e a few phone calls to make in the morning.

David.

Super Moderator
Weld it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I鈥檓 considering it, but it鈥檚 a 2hr job to get back into it if it doesn鈥檛 hold!

Reactions: ChrisSB

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
I鈥檓 considering it, but it鈥檚 a 2hr job to get back into it if it doesn鈥檛 hold!
Couldn鈥榯 you then pressure test it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Looks like I'm going to need to do something with it as they're now obsolete from Land Rover anyway!

• Sad
Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

Registered
Battery powered superhero
Obsolete. Or rather NLA because due to a high failure rate all the spare stock has been sold. Grrrr.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Had a call from Duckworths LR this morning.

Part isn't obsolete but is on back order with no date at the moment. Part is 拢166 inc VAT so price isn't horrendous if it was available.

Decisions, decisions.

David.

Registered
Had a call from Duckworths LR this morning.

Part isn't obsolete but is on back order with no date at the moment. Part is 拢166 inc VAT so price isn't horrendous if it was available.

Decisions, decisions.

David.
Aluminium is weldable with tig. Not really something to try if you've never done it before though. Have a ring round and get someone else to weld it though as it will almost certainly be a 10 min job.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts