Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,119 Posts
All set for the big disassemble.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
On a scale of 1 to 9 John, how handy did arm removal tool come in…? Always managed to pull off on any other cars.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 9 John, how handy did arm removal tool come in…? Always managed to pull off on any other cars.
Honestly Kev, 10 (I know your scale only goes to 9). It really makes the job quick and simple.

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Honestly Kev, 10 (I know your scale only goes to 9). It really makes the job quick and simple.
Yeah….thought so John, much as I do NOT have the sphericalisticals to strip out the whole scuttle. Will order one up and remove arms……just been trying to get The Stuff in behind them. Would need to be a perverted gynaecologist to succeed.
Thanks again to Jay…..his recommendation of this stuff totally correct. Solution Finish is Le Biz.

Reactions: OBC John and JayF

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Yeah….thought so John, much as I do NOT have the sphericalisticals to strip out the whole scuttle. Will order one up and remove arms……just been trying to get The Stuff in behind them. Would need to be a perverted gynaecologist to succeed.
Thanks again to Jay…..his recommendation of this stuff totally correct. Solution Finish is Le Biz.
I can sleep again!

Glad you're happy with your purchase Kev.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Don't forget to look for the two little dots on the windscreen which will aid positioning of the blades when you refit them.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Don't forget to look for the two little dots on the windscreen which will aid positioning of the blades when you refit them.

Parallell masking tape, John min. Cannae wack it…..lol.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Job done, and very well tae though I say so myself. Scuttle in places was a dirty grey, next step wouldah been white. John OBC removal tool absolutely marvellous and mandatory……passenger side was right tight. Both washers and their captive securing nuts were discgracefully rusted on a 20k mile car, so replaced with new ones, and cavity in wiper arm end filled with Vaseline to avoid repeat. I repeat…yon Solution Finish borders on sexual.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Good job, Kev! That scuttle looks "showroom". :cool:

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Forgot to say, John……I might have rear footwell lights, but didnae give me windscreen dots…! Strange….

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Will the C4 or Solution Finish work on wiper arms as well?
Forgot to mention that……YES……very well. Solution Finish that is. Longevity on arms questionable as metal, but came up branny new.

·
Super Moderator
32,120 Posts
Will the C4 or Solution Finish work on wiper arms as well?
Any ceramic coating will work. They are painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
32,120 Posts