Jaguar Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
( still holding out for a S Plaid... mind )
Rumour has it that there's a performance version of the Plaid on the cards with 1200 bhp (rather than the measly 1050bhp of the standard 9.2s quarter mile version). You do have to pay for uprated brakes to get the extra bhp though.

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
Rumour has it that there's a performance version of the Plaid on the cards with 1200 bhp (rather than the measly 1050bhp of the standard 9.2s quarter mile version). You do have to pay for uprated brakes to get the extra bhp though.
and some big pull up pants
this Co are posting this.
very interesting.
13 miles a year ??
Gadget Font Communication Device Mobile device Display device

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
I see Elon is up to his old tricks again and slashing the price of his cars, it’s a bit of a kick in the nuts for anyone who bought one recently.
Isn't it great!
Hopefully the 2nd hand values will remain low when I'm ready to buy mine off the Co lease outfit.

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
I see Elon is up to his old tricks again and slashing the price of his cars, it’s a bit of a kick in the nuts for anyone who bought one recently.
It'll be quite beneficial for me when I buy mine from my company - less of the 100% capital allowance to repay, less corporation tax & less dividend tax.

Reactions: ChrisSB

· Registered
9 Posts
Our I-PACE is now 2 years old (well it will be in a few weeks). We have it on a 3 year lease so that means it's only a year before it goes back. Due to the current lead times for ordering some new vehicles (in excess of 12 months in some cases) we are starting to think about the I-PACE's replacement. Requirements:

1. £800 plus VAT budget
  2. 3 year/15k per year business lease
  3. No Teslas (don't like them, their business practices, etc.)
  4. No Hyundai/Kia (current models are ugly IMO, interior quality is lacking) and big
  5. No big SUV (yes, I know the I-PACE is technically and SUV)
I've specifically called out the Hyundais/Kias as people bang on about the EV6 and Ioniq 5, but personally I find them hideous and huge. According to an EV group I'm on, apparently I'm a badge snob as I'm not considering them or the MG5.
🤣

So what's out there that I haven't thought of? The Taycan/eTron GT were on my radar, but with recent price rises, even the base models are a little pricey now. We are going to have a look at the BMW i4 but with a front end only a mother could love, I'm not sure that's a winner. With no changes to the I-PACE coming - and MY23 cars being more expensive with less spec than our MY21 we won't be getting a new one, it'll be 2025 before we see the all-new I-PACE. That said, if we can't find a suitable replacement, I may look to extend the lease for our current I-PACE for another year as hopefully 2025, Jaguar will let us all know what's going on with their next model (won't hold my breath).

Others cars I've seen mentioned:

Fisker Ocean - Looks kinda big - unknown brand in the UK really - What will aftersales be Like
Genesis GV60 - Same as the Fisker - unknown aftersales
Mercedes EQE (Non-SUV) - could be pricey like the Etron/Taycan
Lotus Eletre - Same as the Merc above
Polestar 2 - We very nearly ordered one before the I-PACE. I like them, but not we have already chosen the I-PACE over it so it would feel like a backwards step.
Polestar 3 - Another SUV
Audi A6 e-Tron Avant - a style I would love, but again, prices will be high.

So far, the winning idea is extend the lease on our current car.
Good luck with your new EV. Enjoy your charging times and challenges. As long as you stay in town with short trips and charge at home it may work for you. I find on longer trips it is a real pain and time waster charging. Cheers

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Good luck with your new EV. Enjoy your charging times and challenges. As long as you stay in town with short trips and charge at home it may work for you. I find on longer trips it is a real pain and time waster charging. Cheers
Well we’ve had absolutely no problems so far in 2 years and 24,000 miles. Even driving all the way to Edinburgh and back wasn’t a problem. Don’t believe everything you read in the “press”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAVENN

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
Sound advice...Will take this onboard.

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
It'll be quite beneficial for me when I buy mine from my company - less of the 100% capital allowance to repay, less corporation tax & less dividend tax.
At that rate, tesla will owe you..

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
Reactions: Avantime

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Come on Chris - here's the perfect car for you.

Combining a similar colour to the XFR-S and your little yellow thing. Get it ordered!

View attachment 195840
Funnily enough, just showed the video of that to my wife and she really likes it.

Range is horrific though.

Reactions: PeteA

· Registered
3,185 Posts
Nice, but not fast enough for an Abarth, and far too expensive for its size. If I was prepared to pay the money, and wanted a small cool EV that stands out from the crowd I'd go for a Honda E. The manufacturers keep telling us that most journeys are under 10 miles or what ever it is, this is true, but cars with a small range don’t sell well.

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
Nice, but not fast enough for an Abarth, and far too expensive for its size. If I was prepared to pay the money, and wanted a small cool EV that stands out from the crowd I'd go for a Honda E. The manufacturers keep telling us that most journeys are under 10 miles or what ever it is, this is true, but cars with a small range don’t sell well.
The boggo 143bhp 595 wasn't any quicker...but yes, it needs a good second off that acceleration to be interesting...
They've never been cheap and, to be brutally honest, not a patch on the likes of Ford etc when it came to build quality.
However, I always found the wooden framed roller coasters more fun than the smooth as silk modern ones.

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
I read that Jaguar have announced a revised i Pace, but nothing fundamental has been updated.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
I read that Jaguar have announced a revised i Pace, but nothing fundamental has been updated.
Yep. A bit of Botox and some makeup. Totally pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 160 Posts