Jaguar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
My friend’s M50 was due to be delivered in May22.

Still hasn’t arrived.
That's weird, according to the offers I've received from Carwow, they are in stock.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
It’s through a work lease scheme to get the tax benefit. Maybe BMW are prioritising private sales over fleet?
Usually it's the other way round.

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
I think I like the new Lexus RZ.
The range isn't very good at around 200 miles & the front is a bit ugly... but not as ugly as the M50 though.

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I think I like the new Lexus RZ.
Crap range. Doesn’t surprise me though considering Toyota have been against EV for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
Saw one Saturday morning on the way to breakfast club. Funky looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they were £40K I'd consider one as a second vehicle. £60K - £70K is a bit steep for a van.

Reactions: ChrisSB

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Not to derail this thread, but are these crazy EV prices reflective of the actual cost of making them, or is it because they aren't sold in big enough numbers yet to drive the prices down? Or some other reason?

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
Not to derail this thread, but are these crazy EV prices reflective of the actual cost of making them, or is it because they aren't sold in big enough numbers yet to drive the prices down? Or some other reason?
Prices are falling in China so that should filter through to the rest of the world this year. It might not turn out to be a blessing though because only Tesla & BYD currently make a profit on EV sales. Manufacturers will face legislators forcing them to make unprofitable vehicles during a global recession, while raw materials prices rise, selling prices drop, & they’re spending massive amounts on R&D & new tooling.

Reactions: ninjag

· Registered
3,185 Posts
I sure I read that batteries are far cheaper now, but the cars seem to be geting more expensive. Even that awful cheap looking Chinese Ora Funky Cat thing is £30k+, it looks like it should cost half that.

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
I sure I read that batteries are far cheaper now, but the cars seem to be geting more expensive. Even that awful cheap looking Chinese Ora Funky Cat thing is £30k+, it looks like it should cost half that.
The cost of making the batteries is falling (economies of scale) but the cost of the raw materials has gone up along with transport costs.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
There was a bit of EV slating going on with BBC Radio 2 at lunchtime, a little was about the range and manufacturers apparently misleading - although the same can be said about MPG figures, but the main bulk of complaints was charging stations being out of order etc and this not being known by the car when taking them there. Do the charging stations not report to the cars when they are out of order or are in use?

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
There was a bit of EV slating going on with BBC Radio 2 at lunchtime, a little was about the range and manufacturers apparently misleading - although the same can be said about MPG figures, but the main bulk of complaints was charging stations being out of order etc and this not being known by the car when taking them there. Do the charging stations not report to the cars when they are out of order or are in use?
Tesla are the only one that report out of service chargers as far as I know.

Manufacturers have to state the NEDC (now WLTP) range tests for vehicles sold in Europe. These are wildly optimistic for EVs & you'll see that many manufacturers have a range calculator on their website so you can enter your personal driving parameters & get an accurate estimate of summer & winter range.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Tesla are the only one that report out of service chargers as far as I know.

Manufacturers have to state the NEDC (now WLTP) range tests for vehicles sold in Europe. These are wildly optimistic for EVs & you'll see that many manufacturers have a range calculator on their website so you can enter your personal driving parameters & get an accurate estimate of summer & winter range.
I suppose it's only really going to affect people who can't charge at home and do more than say 200 miles in a day - which I suspect isn't a huge amount.

· Registered
3,185 Posts
The Korean government has recently fined Tesla for misleading consumers about range etc. To be fair, from what I have picked up on various groups the Korean cars do seem to have the best range V cost and don’t seem to suffer from the cold as much as some. I guess the action against Tesla is slightly protectionist. I’ve also picked up that PSA have the worst drop in cold weather, I know this first hand too as my van was shocking in December. If EV’s are the future its looking pretty bleak at the moment.
James May sums it up pretty well.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts