Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 160 Posts

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think supply will improve massively on EV’s this year, there seems to be plenty of stock around if you aren't stuck on a specific model. I imagine there will be a lot of cancelled orders too.
I hope so. Hopefully that not only opens up other options but also reduces the prices as supply will be better.

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

· Registered
3,185 Posts
I very nearly ordered one of these (the stock one) last year. Not sure how a doorless version would cope in the winter.
I did order one but it never materialised, I didn't chase it up as after I’d seen one in the flesh I wasn‘t as keen. Apparently they were absolutely hopeless during the cold spell last month, wouldn’t charge and would barely move even when charged. They should be about £80 not £8000 when you see how they are built.

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
The luddites at the DT won't be happy.

V2L has to be a consideration ...?
I think they really appreciate it when you share your wisdom with them. :D

Keep up the good work.(y)

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
I think they really appreciate it when you share your wisdom with them. :D

Keep up the good work.(y)
On it.

Moderated...
But not banned....yet.

Mumsnet next.

Look out for Pearl Neclesse

( it's exotic)

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

· Administrator
30,777 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB

· Registered
1,432 Posts
I think supply will improve massively on EV’s this year, there seems to be plenty of stock around if you aren't stuck on a specific model. I imagine there will be a lot of cancelled orders too.
I agree. Lots of second hand EVs as PCPs and leased cars come to an end. Tesla Model 3s in freefall (Model 3P down by about £112k in last 12 months!). I've kept an eye on second hand electric Minis; same thing. I was watch a Level 2 at a car supermarket - dropped by £5500 over the last 14 days AND now with a £500 deposit contribution.

This is prices adjusting after the silly prices of the last 18 months! Some cracking deals out there, and more to come I expect. For both new and used. My old Tesla is still for sale (the one with the horrid body kit!); now worth about £8k less than they gave me as a PX!! Some burnt fingers....

· Firm Rampant Member
23,745 Posts
I agree. Lots of second hand EVs as PCPs and leased cars come to an end. Tesla Model 3s in freefall (Model 3P down by about £112k in last 12 months!). I've kept an eye on second hand electric Minis; same thing. I was watch a Level 2 at a car supermarket - dropped by £5500 over the last 14 days AND now with a £500 deposit contribution.

This is prices adjusting after the silly prices of the last 18 months! Some cracking deals out there, and more to come I expect. For both new and used. My old Tesla is still for sale (the one with the horrid body kit!); now worth about £8k less than they gave me as a PX!! Some burnt fingers....
I'm starting to look after my battery a bit better now.
With a bit of luck , my (borrowed) M3 might be a bit of a bargain when the time comes.

Reactions: Avantime

· Registered
1,432 Posts
I would also add that this price levelling is a good thing, making EVs more accessible in terms of price. Just a shame about cost of borrowing and the 'less than good' press that EVs have received in recent weeks!
I'm starting to look after my battery a bit better now.
With a bit of luck , my (borrowed) M3 might be a bit of a bargain when the time comes.
Indeed. Buy it cheap; sell and pay a little extra for a Performance?!!!

· Super Moderator
33,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Down by £112k? Are they paying you to have one now?

Reactions: Avantime
21 - 40 of 160 Posts