Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Get a Ora Funky Cat 馃槀
I liked the Polestar when I test drove it, not sure I could stomach handing over 拢50k ish to the Chinese though馃槀
I quite like the Mustang and new Nissan Ariya, I also like the Audi Q4 e-tron and Cupra Born.
The Hyundia/Kia seem to have the best range for the money, possibly excluding MG, but they are freeking hideous.

Registered
I think supply will improve massively on EV鈥檚 this year, there seems to be plenty of stock around if you aren't stuck on a specific model. I imagine there will be a lot of cancelled orders too.

Registered
I very nearly ordered one of these (the stock one) last year. Not sure how a doorless version would cope in the winter.
I did order one but it never materialised, I didn't chase it up as after I鈥檇 seen one in the flesh I wasn鈥榯 as keen. Apparently they were absolutely hopeless during the cold spell last month, wouldn鈥檛 charge and would barely move even when charged. They should be about 拢80 not 拢8000 when you see how they are built.

Registered
I sure I read that batteries are far cheaper now, but the cars seem to be geting more expensive. Even that awful cheap looking Chinese Ora Funky Cat thing is 拢30k+, it looks like it should cost half that.

Registered
The Korean government has recently fined Tesla for misleading consumers about range etc. To be fair, from what I have picked up on various groups the Korean cars do seem to have the best range V cost and don鈥檛 seem to suffer from the cold as much as some. I guess the action against Tesla is slightly protectionist. I鈥檝e also picked up that PSA have the worst drop in cold weather, I know this first hand too as my van was shocking in December. If EV鈥檚 are the future its looking pretty bleak at the moment.
James May sums it up pretty well.

Registered
Nice, but not fast enough for an Abarth, and far too expensive for its size. If I was prepared to pay the money, and wanted a small cool EV that stands out from the crowd I'd go for a Honda E. The manufacturers keep telling us that most journeys are under 10 miles or what ever it is, this is true, but cars with a small range don鈥檛 sell well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts