Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
And just what does a SUV of that size do that an estate won't?

Yep...a hairdresser's car, with a frock on and size 11 shoes.
AWD with ground clearance for a start ;)

AWD with ground clearance for a start ;)

Even my poxy little motor has AWD and...Mrs Miggins isn't likely to go off roading in one of them.
Oh..let's not forget that the poverty spec ePace is front wheel drive ( euughh)

Even my poxy little motor has AWD and...Mrs Miggins isn't likely to go off roading in one of them.
Oh..let's not forget that the poverty spec ePace is front wheel drive ( euughh)
But your 4 banger has very little ground clearance, most people who buy SUV’s are sure to go off road in them regularly.............. :rofl:

But your 4 banger has very little ground clearance, most people who buy SUV’s are sure to go off road in them regularly.............. :rofl:
Asda car park is off road, I suppose.

MrsTheWife's XF Sportbrake was due to go back so we went looking to replace it. She said she wanted another Jag and that is where she first saw the ePace. The only one available was the showroom model, a 'First Edition' (180bhp diesel auto with plenty of kit, unique wheels and in bright red). We were told it was the first to be actualIy be delivered to a customer. It went back to the dealers many times in the first few months for niggly little faults to be seem to (like the bonnet not being straight and rear arch liners not attached properly!). I must say I'm not a huge fan of the car, it's heavy, there isn't great deal of space in it, the fuel tank is tiny and I'm not impressed with the local dealer.
The keyless entry is woeful and it's about to get booked in to have it looked at. You have to be about 2-3 feet before it will open with a keypress and rarely locks with the handle. The 'kick' to open the tailgate works after about 5 attempts . . .

DSC_6866 by Tim Robson, on Flickr

Discussion starter · #66 ·
MrsTheWife's XF Sportbrake was due to go back so we went looking to replace it. She said she wanted another Jag and that is where she first saw the ePace. The only one available was the showroom model, a 'First Edition' (180bhp diesel auto with plenty of kit, unique wheels and in bright red). We were told it was the first to be actualIy be delivered to a customer. It went back to the dealers many times in the first few months for niggly little faults to be seem to (like the bonnet not being straight and rear arch liners not attached properly!). I must say I'm not a huge fan of the car, it's heavy, there isn't great deal of space in it, the fuel tank is tiny and I'm not impressed with the local dealer.
The keyless entry is woeful and it's about to get booked in to have it looked at. You have to be about 2-3 feet before it will open with a keypress and rarely locks with the handle. The 'kick' to open the tailgate works after about 5 attempts . . .

DSC_6866 by Tim Robson, on Flickr
If she likes it that's all that matters.

Another awful visit to the dealers to try and get the keyless entry sorted. They did nothing with it. Booked in again for next week and they want it for three days
Not only is the range terrible when pressing buttons on the keyfob and pressing the 'dimple' on the handle, more often not, doesn't work to lock the car but been getting 'SmartKey not in vehicle' error message. Managed to get a photo of that error message with the key and 30mph in the same shot . . .

Dealers are really letting the car down

Another awful visit to the dealers to try and get the keyless entry sorted. They did nothing with it. Booked in again for next week and they want it for three days
Not only is the range terrible when pressing buttons on the keyfob and pressing the 'dimple' on the handle, more often not, doesn't work to lock the car but been getting 'SmartKey not in vehicle' error message. Managed to get a photo of that error message with the key and 30mph in the same shot . . .

Dealers are really letting the car down
Not good enough at all.

One thing... you can increase the range by putting the fob under your chin...

NO you won't look bloody stupid doing it, I promise.

Not good enough at all.

don't you have to lick a finger and raise it into the air too?

don't you have to lick a finger and raise it into the air too?
Nope..

But you can if you wish.

Try it

Showed the youngest with that poxy hire car whilst we were on holiday...

Not good enough at all.

I prefer pointing it at the side of my head, but thats not the point. I shouldn't have to do any of that !

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.