Jaguar Forum banner

Welcome to the E-Pace area

7K views 74 replies 13 participants last post by  chopper602 
#1 ·
Anyone got one?

#2 ·
I think "racingmonk" may. It was he/she who enquired about such a section.

#4 ·
I had a brochure once and went to a launch (finger food lunch) event, other than that....

#5 ·
I suppose that we can use this section until e pace drivers rock up.
One thing...it's stayed on topic for ages.

Was the finger buffet nice and which comestible was your personal favourite and why?

#6 ·
The fresh orange juice with the potted salmon on rye were exceptional I seem to remember, only because they were not white triangles with cucumber

#14 ·
No she really has. Something about photographing a church spire in Rekjavik....
Is that the one that's 197m high? I've always wanted to see one of those.

#15 ·
I’m considering a P300 HSE R-dynamic but won’t be ordering a new one

#40 ·
I went to a launch event at Donington Park race track for the E-Pace. We had all the tech and handling demos. They then had a pre programmed route in the satnav and sent you off around country and then town driving with the partner you came with and you swapped driving and passenger about half way through the drive. It was interesting, I was out with my dad and we both liked the E-Pace but thought it was a very firm ride. In fact it was way too firm, I assume this was to stop body roll you get in higher up SUV type vehicles however the F-Pace is much MUCH more forgiving and still has very little roll. My F-Pace has the adaptive dampers which might make a big difference here.

We thought it was very nice if you ignore the ride for a smallish round town that can handle long trips and is more special than the German and other crossover type cars. However, the pricing was just too high, even allowing for the badge it seemed too steep. When I was speccing up my F-Pace I thought it was actually a very well priced car on the market but the E-Pace needs to step down a tier I think. To be fair I haven't sat and fully compared it to a Q3 or similar so it might add up after all but initial impressions were that it was expensive.

The event moved on to F-Type and XE-S hot laps around the track and they were so much fun to drive around a great track the E-Pace was soon forgotten about!

I did follow an E-Pace for a few miles yesterday and I think it looks great. I was still much happier following in my F-Pace though, it just seems that next level of special to me.

#41 ·
At the event I attended there was many a F-Pace owner and they were not impressed with the E-Pace, the few that were looking to change (that I spoke with) ended up outside looking at the later editions (than theirs) of the F-Pace in the pre-owned section

#46 ·
I can't believe how popular the E -Pace is.:eek: I'll have to spend a few minutes catching up on all of your thoughtful insights.:rolleyes:

#47 ·
For me it sits, ignoring the price, in the same bracket as

Ford Kuga
Q3
Q5
Nissan Juke
Vauxhall Mokka
Dacia Duster
Fiat 500L
You can probably work out the rest...

None of which will be gracing my drive anytime between now and when I decided to give up my driving privileges

#48 ·
The Mrs has one rather than me. Her 4 year old XF had to go back so she replaced it with an E Pace....bit of a come down but hey ho. It looks the part but feels very heavy which makes the engine feel gutless. I’m also not sure Jaguar can do infotainment stuff very well. It has a lot more electrickery on it compared to the XF and I’m not entirely convinced it will last.

#51 ·
It's a 2.0D with 185bhp...a bit of a come down from the XF that was a 3.0D. It has the adaptive suspension and bigger brakes, which after driving one without them I would say are a must.

View attachment 166422
Which engine is that?
The Adaptive Suspension is wonderful and I would think it would keep such a motor firmly planted.
(If it's a bit doddery, a simple tuning box would soon cure that)

Ooh..the pic has just popped up.

Quite striking!!

#65 ·
MrsTheWife's XF Sportbrake was due to go back so we went looking to replace it. She said she wanted another Jag and that is where she first saw the ePace. The only one available was the showroom model, a 'First Edition' (180bhp diesel auto with plenty of kit, unique wheels and in bright red). We were told it was the first to be actualIy be delivered to a customer. It went back to the dealers many times in the first few months for niggly little faults to be seem to (like the bonnet not being straight and rear arch liners not attached properly!). I must say I'm not a huge fan of the car, it's heavy, there isn't great deal of space in it, the fuel tank is tiny and I'm not impressed with the local dealer.
The keyless entry is woeful and it's about to get booked in to have it looked at. You have to be about 2-3 feet before it will open with a keypress and rarely locks with the handle. The 'kick' to open the tailgate works after about 5 attempts . . .

DSC_6866 by Tim Robson, on Flickr

#66 ·
If she likes it that's all that matters.

#71 ·
Another awful visit to the dealers to try and get the keyless entry sorted. They did nothing with it. Booked in again for next week and they want it for three days
Not only is the range terrible when pressing buttons on the keyfob and pressing the 'dimple' on the handle, more often not, doesn't work to lock the car but been getting 'SmartKey not in vehicle' error message. Managed to get a photo of that error message with the key and 30mph in the same shot . . .

Dealers are really letting the car down

#72 ·
Not good enough at all.

One thing... you can increase the range by putting the fob under your chin...

NO you won't look bloody stupid doing it, I promise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.