Jaguar Forum banner

Wee Nippy.. it's a Nawe then

48K views 1K replies 40 participants last post by  DAVENN 
#1 ·
Whilst our love of Scotland is inversely proportional to their hatred of England ( I've deliberately used that term), perhaps we can try and have a nice discussion on the subject of their independence....

If not, unflattering pics of wee nippy are very welcome.

Sleeve Purple Thigh Knee Street fashion

See less See more
Reactions: dhallworth
#424 ·
I would predict (with a certain amount of insight) that if Scotland gained (gained??) independence then there would be something akin to civil war in Spain as Catalunya then demanded their "freedom" and Madrid said no. The last indyref in Scotland prompted some big demonstrations across Catalunya demanding the same.

#427 ·
Actually Scotland could end up with 2 borders - one with England & another with the EU where they try & identify all the contraband thats slipped across from The UK.

I can image a lot of farm produce from border country would find it’s way across if it was financially beneficial or eliminated red tape. It would be impossible to stop that without 24 hour aerial or satellite surveillance. Fish is another area where Scotland could end up exporting more to the EU than it’s landing.

#435 ·
How the hell does that sort of spending correlate with the size of a post independent budget? They can’t borrow it if they want to join the EU so the only other option is to raise tax

I’m not saying health workers don’t deserve it, but it’s completely unaffordable & will encourage other public sector workers to demand a similar increment which is going to be hard to refuse. It’ll probably also have a knock on effect on the private sector particularly the part that’s allied to healthcare/social care.

A one off payment would have done the same job politically without the knock on effect & the ongoing cost. It stinks of a policy of buying votes without actually having any resources to do that.

#433 ·
On the news last night, an SNP representative was commenting on the new Defence cuts/spending announced. She wanted it written into law that all the new navy ships would have to be built on the Clyde! Given their Independence plans, why would Westminster commit to build navy ships in a foreign/ EU country? Not sure Scotland could even afford an armed trawler as their post Independence naval presence [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA
#437 ·
The minimum rise is 4% & the average looks to be about 4.6%. This is such a big increase in real terms that it can't fail to have an effect on demands from the rest of the public sector that have also worked through the pandemic & risked their health in doing so - many without PPE or regular testing. I wouldn't be surprised if doctors also ask for a significant rise & that'll also be costly because the salaries are so much higher.

Reactions: DAVENN
#452 ·
Is it still SNP policy to close the Faslane nuclear submarine base if they win (win??) independence?

#453 ·
The Russians have made an offer for the lease.

#455 ·
I wonder what the increased powers for the Scottish Parliament will be in return for their shutting the F up about fully fledged independence?

Seems pretty obvious to me that this is the way they will go eventually. Anything which stops their constant whinging about everything being Westminster's fault would suit me, sick to death of it.

#456 ·
TBH it's been a long time coming, the answer is not independance, but more devolved power, but I mean across ALL of the country not just Scotland. Westminster in their little bubble hasn't a clue on what works in Liverpool/Newcastle/{Entercityhere}
IMHO

#458 ·
Aren't they beginning to de-centralise (de-Londonise) some of the departments? They're proposing to move the Treasury to Leeds, Dept of Health to Liverpool and the Home Office to Newcastle.

#466 ·
Two things - still can't get my head around 'independence' & joining the federal bloc AND Westminster approval.........

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

#468 ·
just been reading up on this

with them not having the FPTP system, it won't split the vote too much.
it could be said that it may strengthen the indy hold.

#469 ·
Just noticed the Scottish Rugby team are sponsored by BRITISH Telecom!!! Hypocrisy again [emoji849]

#471 ·
Well I was cheering for Scotland and on the edge of my seat for the extra 5 mins of play! Well played Scotland.

Reactions: ninjag and Gav
#472 ·
#483 ·
Seen the ITV news at ten tonight.

Scotland's drug problem is so bad, that it is 3.5 times worse than the rest of the UK put together, and also has more deaths than even the USA.

Seems that this wasn't widely broadcast before.

Wonder how the Fish Minister is going to spin this as Westminster's fault?