Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Screenshot_20210430-172242_Chrome.jpg

Best not ask which country has the lowest population density

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Got trapped near Sturgeon's bloody big bus today in Clarkston. It was making a dangerous u-turn and then pulled up and parked on zig-zags at a pedestrian crossing near to where she was having coffee outside and talking a load of crap probably. I'll need to pull my dashcam footage, it's ridiculous how big the bus is.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 ·
Got trapped near Sturgeon's bloody big bus today in Clarkston. It was making a dangerous u-turn and then pulled up and parked on zig-zags at a pedestrian crossing near to where she was having coffee outside and talking a load of crap probably. I'll need to pull my dashcam footage, it's ridiculous how big the bus is.
inversely proportional to their gdp, then?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
If you have video footage of it parked on zigzags submit it to the pollis, that's a 3 point offence.
Unfortunately I believe there is no way to submit footage to the police in Scotland unlike England for dashcam stuff. He did move on, the driver is probably under a bit of pressure from nippy.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I just watched the leadership debate this evening and what a disaster. I could see that the host was trying to ensure answers were short, but he ended up making an arse of it and letting the least relevant talk the most like the Green Party pip squeak who got tons of air time.

Oh but Sturgeon was spitting in the beginning when the host started telling her what to do! haha She really doesn't like that, but as time went on she patronised the host and then basically got loud and shouted over him in order to get her usual "but I'd just like to say this...." zzzzzzz and commanded lots of air time. But I don't think she came out of it looking very good. Also, she stands like a man with her legs wide apart. Looks weird.

The Tory guy....well what can I say. His voice and face is such that you just want to rip the podium out and....hmm, not sure I can finish this sentence thanks to Hazmat's (deliberate, he's toxic) Hate Bill. He got lots of air time.

Rennie of the Lib Dems actually came across pretty good, but you don't get confidence with their financials. He got lots of time to talk.

Anas the Labour guy barely got a chance to answer a question before the host would cut him off, despite being probably the second biggest party leader there. Pretty bad treatment to be honest, but when he did get a chance to talk it was sensible stuff. But Scottish Labour's reputation of greed and corruption is still out there.

A rather interesting slip up happened which none of them spotted or capitalised on. Basically, the overwhelming message from Labour, Liberal and Tory was that we must focus everything on the recovery post-Covid and forget about independence. However, Sturgeon was arguing that independence gives Scottish the ability to recover better. But when talking about currency she said that Scotland will use Sterling until the economy is strong enough to create its own currency. So she's pretty much slipped up there and admitted that going independent will result in a weak economy for an undefined period of time. Why the hell would you want to do that when your economy is already battered after a pandemic?!!!?! It would literally be economic suicide.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Nippy has won her seat back.....

1. SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon wins her Glasgow Southside seat seeing off a challenge from Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar
  2. With 19 seats going to the nationalists, Scotland's first minister is confident of holding on to power, adding an outright win is "always a long shot"

·
Registered
893 Posts
😢

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
16 Posts
We can look forward to another 4 years of no real governance, a continuation of the downward trend for Scotland, failing education and infrastructure and £millions wasted or lining pockets from the tinpot wannabe dictator who we must never forget is never to blame for anything that's wrong with Scotland, it's because we are ruled by Westminster. it's Westminster that creates and upholds education policy(s), it's Westminster that creates and upholds the substance abuse policy(s), it's Westminster that gives Scottish government jobs and contracts based not on capability but on nepotism and brown envelopes under tables.

The whole of the SNP government is corrupt and only in it for them selves, sod the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
If the SNP get a big victory then one quote comes to mind, "The trouble with Scotland…is that it's full of Scots!"

What an embarrassment to think that this country is so full of the sort of people which the SNP appeal to.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Average turnout of voters in the last five elections in Scotland since 1999 has been 53% and from what I can see with the individual areas it doesn't too much better this year, maybe 10% better at the most, which is strange because my voting station was queued up and the boxes stuffed full (although the forms were huge!). That's shocking and not much better than Afghanistan who had a 45.23% turnout a few years ago. We should do what the Aussie's do because they have a consistent >90% turnout.

Of course there's no doubt that all of the venomous and relentless nationalists will manage to tear themselves away from daytime TV and head down to the voting station in their dressing gowns, so it's no wonder the SNP keep getting in. One may assume that most of the uncast votes would not be for the SNP but who knows.

I was at a protest last week where a local library is set to never reopen, along with a huge amount of other public services. This is all under SNP control from top to bottom and lots of people were complaining saying that they may not vote SNP again. I can't help but think, reap what you sow and yet they still vote for them.

What a sad little hateful country Scotland has become. Crickey, I've not even had a glass and I'm ranting away. Apologies, but I need to vent.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It’s depressing and deflating watching the news tonight and looking at the BBC. I’ve spent the evening on Right Move whilst sitting in front of the TV and not one property I’ve looked at has been north of the border.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
What an embarrassment to think that this country is so full of the sort of people which the SNP appeal to.
A very sobering thought Graham (independence or not), deepest sympathies..

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
It’s depressing and deflating watching the news tonight and looking at the BBC. I’ve spent the evening on Right Move whilst sitting in front of the TV and not one property I’ve looked at has been north of the border.
That would be a shame David as Scotland is absolutely lovely to be in countryside wise, you'd have to move a fair ol' way south to get what you have up there, maybe even Wales!.. :eek:

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
We can look forward to another 4 years of no real governance, a continuation of the downward trend for Scotland, failing education and infrastructure and £millions wasted or lining pockets from the tinpot wannabe dictator who we must never forget is never to blame for anything that's wrong with Scotland, it's because we are ruled by Westminster. it's Westminster that creates and upholds education policy(s), it's Westminster that creates and upholds the substance abuse policy(s), it's Westminster that gives Scottish government jobs and contracts based not on capability but on nepotism and brown envelopes under tables.

The whole of the SNP government is corrupt and only in it for them selves, sod the rest of us.
I'm taking a wild guess that you're not Peter Murrell with a pseudonym then?.. :D

521 - 540 of 607 Posts