Jaguar Forum banner

Wee Nippy.. it's a Nawe then

48K views 1K replies 40 participants last post by  DAVENN 
#1 ·
Whilst our love of Scotland is inversely proportional to their hatred of England ( I've deliberately used that term), perhaps we can try and have a nice discussion on the subject of their independence....

If not, unflattering pics of wee nippy are very welcome.

Sleeve Purple Thigh Knee Street fashion

See less See more
Reactions: dhallworth
#7 ·
Reactions: DAVENN
#16 ·
think they voted 70/30 to remain in the Union.
Imagine if they got their independence wish but chose to join the union.

#17 ·
It's amazing how quickly you can upset fellow Scots telling them you live in Englands northern most county...

I've been told on multiple occasions I should be ashamed of myself.

Only reason we live up here is my folks moved up when my Dad got a post as a Doctor up here in the mid 80's before I was a thing. I often tell people I'm unfortunate enough to live in Scotland on Facebook and when doing it on the pro-indepdence pages it really makes for interesting reading... definitely worth posting something like that when you're bored one rainy afternoon :)

Joking aside, I do enjoy living here, I've got some great friends up here, a nice house (excluding neighbours), great roads, etc. I just despise how everything "Scotland" including the Saltire has become associated with the SNP and Independence.

David.

#19 ·
It's amazing how quickly you can upset fellow Scots telling them you live in Englands northern most county...

I've been told on multiple occasions I should be ashamed of myself.

Only reason we live up here is my folks moved up when my Dad got a post as a Doctor up here in the mid 80's before I was a thing. I often tell people I'm unfortunate enough to live in Scotland on Facebook and when doing it on the pro-indepdence pages it really makes for interesting reading... definitely worth posting something like that when you're bored one rainy afternoon :)

Joking aside, I do enjoy living here, I've got some great friends up here, a nice house (excluding neighbours), great roads, etc. I just despise how everything "Scotland" including the Saltire has become associated with the SNP and Independence.

David.
I was threatened with violence by umpteen cybernats ( on tw*tter , or course) when I sneaked into an echo chamber and asked if it was true that Charlie Kennedy was driven to his grave by the odious Blackford?
excitable bunch, aren't they?

For those unfamiliar with that sordid episode, have a read and welcome to the future of Scotland under them..

Reactions: dhallworth
#18 ·
Also, I pay a higher percentage of tax on a lower amount of salary and the LBTT on property up here is horrendous compared to the stamp duty in England.

Purchase price of £500,000 in Scotland and England’s Stamp Duty Differences

Scotland LBTT £21,250
England Stamp Duty £0
Difference £21,250

Purchase price £650,000 with LBTT and Stamp Duty breaks in place

Scotland LBTT £36,250
England Stamp Duty £ 7,500
Difference £28,750

Purchase price £1,000,000 with LBTT and Stamp Duty breaks in place

Scotland LBTT £76,250
England Stamp Duty £28,750
Difference £47,500

At least I can get paracetamol at 26p a packet on a free prescription from the GP... 🙄

Now, how can I declare my garden and property an independent state and rejoin the union...

#25 ·
I'd love to see how Jimmy Crankie in drag is going to balance the books if she gets her wish.

Free prescriptions - courtesy of Westminster.
Free bridge tolls - Hmmm that would be the same as above.
Free hospital parking - Bit of a trend going on here.

I'm a Scot first, and a Brit second. My heart says an independent Scotland would be a lovely thing.
Fortunately - my head rules my heart.

Glad to be living in N' Ireland while Fishy Wee Crankie is in power. Miss my family - of course - but I'm glad I'm not living under her rule.

In all honesty though - I think if there hadn't been the muppetry threats of violence towards fellow Scots unless they voted "Yes", Scotland would now be an independent country, now. Probably bankrupt after the 2015 oil crash too mind. Oh hang on, Scotland would have stayed in the EU, begging Brussels for handouts - not London.

Beggars belief sometimes.

#26 ·
Without a 'sugar daddy' the Scottish economy isn't viable in it's present form. The Scottish may be willing to accept a 20% cut in standard of living in exchange for independence, but they should be made aware of that possibility before they choose.

#30 ·
the scotch economy is not viable ( without the support of Westminster...or more accurately the English tax payer) full stop.
Hopefully we will , as suggested, get the vote to help rid us of the parasitic worm that is much of Scotland.
Of course the SNP is not Scotland ....perhaps someone should remind wee nippy.

#27 ·
David coming out , really on Facebook to wow , Riggs in Ni poor guy went from the fire to the pan , borris done Big Arlene a favour for all her loyalty buy making a right old mess of Bret in , you got it right on the oil game Riggs better look for a delivery job as a courier as only matter of time before you won't be back at sea , nothing personal but the truth . Now as I see it and most of my fellow Scots in a year or two we shall be parting company with the bully we know as England the dominating force in the old uk , Whom raped and plundered every country they dominated history proves me right , now that just leaves poor wales and Ni , wales well sheep really apart from a rugby game no fight in them content to grow leeks and veg , Ni a different matter they want blood after borris sour deal with the EU , food shortage coming soon but will most like be fed by the country they hate Ireland and under the EU lol . Now that leaves old England , the EU don't want them nor do the rest of the planet us scots will survive as we are survivors time has proved this , the will of our people will shine again independence is coming we're you like it or not

#32 ·
I have the pathetic bag of pus on mute ( but you do see a notification) has he made another tit of himself?
It's night time when it appears...perhaps that's when its his turn on the family commodore 64?

#29 ·
😂😂😂😂

I guess we’ll just need to hope that common sense prevails IF she gets the go ahead for another referendum. If she’s still in power in a few weeks time...

#37 ·
Having carefully read dick's tirade, all I can say is - there you have it - received dogma at it's very best. 🙄

If that is truly how a majority of Scots think, we are best off letting them wander off into impoverished obscurity.

After we have built a wall.

I feel really sorry for folk north of the border with working brains.

#45 ·
that was very beastly.... im not at all sure just how and or why I was dragged into the silly sod's semi ( if only he could manage one of them) coherent ramble.

I don't recall being particularly horrible to my special friend, however.