Jaguar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
They are still working on a fix for the images. I hope to have an update on this soon.

- Cricket
Any update then?

I’ve been away from the site for a few weeks and can’t believe that when I‘ve logged back in, the issue re photos not displaying is still not fixed?! (Some of the more recent images are there but by no means all of them and go back more than 14 days and I’d say less than a third are displaying....just a six digit number, a row of small squares or some .jpg link that doesn’t work)

The original Jaginfo Forum set up by Pottsy (that by comparison cost peanuts to run) had far fewer ‘user‘ issues and could display photos just fine.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
How do you delete posts these days?

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Why did I not get taken to 'the first unread post' when I clinked on the link?...

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Not an option if you're not a MOD Geoff...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
None of the forums I've been on have ever allowed deletion of your own posts to be fair, that being said I've probably been on far fewer than most as an active participant

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
In my experience you can delete a reply post but not a thread starter post or the entire thread crashes.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Oh, thought you'd be entitled to delete a post of your own.
As Jordan says Geoff that's very rarely the case for a normal user.. only the wonderful and hugely under appreciated MOD's can do that usually... :D

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
9,871 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts
Presumably you've got the "Edit" option, if so, delete the content and replace it with "Content deleted".

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
You could do this with the old forum software

Reactions: Rigger

·
Super Moderator
11,221 Posts

·
18,277 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
In my experience you can delete a reply post but not a thread starter post or the entire thread crashes.
Used to be able to do it here before the revamp.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Only for a certain period of time after posting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Site permissions, why do I keep being asked every couple of weeks please? I've given you my instructions, if they change I will let you know. Irritating. Never happened before. Irritating.

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Site permissions, why do I keep being asked every couple of weeks please? I've given you my instructions, if they change I will let you know. Irritating. Never happened before. Irritating.
This evening, that prompt has popped up almost every time I've checked for new posts. As you say, very irritating!

Reactions: idrobbo
341 - 360 of 379 Posts